Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday paper talk

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In today's market Deeney would cost at least £ 20 million. i could see us spending 10, perhaps 14 million on a striker but we are not going to spend 20 million.

The club might not have any choice in the matter.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
The thing about Deeney, whether we could afford him or not, is that other teams must hate playing against him. I don't think that could be said of enough of our present squad.

There's an element of nicey nicey about us which surprises given the propensity for Murray and Stephens to act with guile and use the dark arts to their advantage but joking aside they're both probably a little too slow at this level to make it effective.

Can see Izqueirdo/March and Knockaert extracting angst from full backs all season long and I think we need a midfielder to rove around the pitch protecting them within the laws of the game.

Deeney would be a good foil for this too but just don't think he's quick enough either.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The market is totally dysfunctional but it is what it is. A top Championship striker now costs £15 million (Chris Wood) ... Deeney will cost more than that.

Papers are reporting that Watfords asking price is £25m with both Everton and West Brom interested. Lot of rumours going round at moment though, especially one's that are involve strikers.

heathgate

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 13, 2015
Papers are reporting that Watfords asking price is £25m with both Everton and West Brom interested. Lot of rumours going round at moment though, especially one's that are involve strikers.
He won't come to us whatever cash we come up with... we are gradually being seen as lame ducks... he won't fancy a relegation battle.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Noo BHA who probably knows CH better than anybody else on here has hinted and posted similar on here when ever his name has been mentioned in the past. as a possible signing.

Now now [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION].

I never once stated that CH said he was lazy on anything like that - I may have said I thought it unlikely that CH would sign him but I would never indicate that CH said anything negative about any player. Well not on a public forum anyhow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here