Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

Tills

Jul 12, 2017
He done well on his loan spell at Swindon Town, he just needs to be given the opportunity to play first team football. You'll be lucky to have him, he'll do well.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Superb against a full strength Arsenal team in the cup a few years ago.

Exactly what I was thinking. Incredible that his best game for us was against probably the best team we played while he was regularly in the first team.

I found I always wanted him to regain that level, but he never seemed to.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Exactly what I was thinking. Incredible that his best game for us was against probably the best team we played while he was regularly in the first team.

I found I always wanted him to regain that level, but he never seemed to.

Always remember that tackle on Sanchez

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Put him and four oppo players in a box and Ince will always come out with the ball. Excellent player for Brighton in the right system and at a lower level. Really wish him well and someone who would get a cheer should he ever play against us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cracker of a goal, and tbf anybody who scores v swindon is in my good books ��

Sounds like we can do better than him though, we need a battler in midfield.

Is Sam Baldock going to be in your plans this season btw? We need a championship experienced striker ��

Now... I think you may be a troll.

Sam is WAY out of your league. :wave:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bottom line is this - you either perform and you're a player. Or you don't, and you find yourself out the team and scrabbling around for a club. Talk of potential is fine and gets young players a contract but in the cold light of day, a limited player is a limited player and Ince is a very limited player.

This thread won't be bounced when he disappears into obscurity and the usual people who throw insults around because they're keyboard champions only will have moved on.

Like LuaLua, some of us spotted the lack of talent much earlier than others, that's all there is here. Some still think he'll come good and there's nothing wrong with blind optimism. But it's not what I'm about. I hope the Bristol City moves come off for him, but he's not even close to good enough for a club with Premier League ambitions. He might help a club get there but all he would be good for at this level is padding a squad.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bottom line is this - you either perform and you're a player. Or you don't, and you find yourself out the team and scrabbling around for a club. Talk of potential is fine and gets young players a contract but in the cold light of day, a limited player is a limited player and Ince is a very limited player.

This thread won't be bounced when he disappears into obscurity and the usual people who throw insults around because they're keyboard champions only will have moved on.

Like LuaLua, some of us spotted the lack of talent much earlier than others, that's all there is here. Some still think he'll come good and there's nothing wrong with blind optimism. But it's not what I'm about. I hope the Bristol City moves come off for him, but he's not even close to good enough for a club with Premier League ambitions. He might help a club get there but all he would be good for at this level is padding a squad.

You should really be managing a club. Wasted on here.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Potential, but was over-hyped on here in true football fan style. When everyone was hacked off at Bridcutt leaving a natural reaction is to convince yourself that the next man up is even better. He wasn't!

It also meant a lot of people wanted him to be that player because he slotted into that role, but he wasn't that sort of player. That then led us to being a bit too harsh on him IMHO.

he's a big physical presence, who looks best suited to sitting in front of the back 4, winning the ball and giving it quickly and simply to someone who can make better use of it than him. he's not dominant enough, or error free enough to be in the back 4, I'd rather see him have that protection behind him. But so far, he's not shown enough passing of comfort on the ball to be in a flat 4 man midfield.

he could develop either ability and move into midfield, or defence accordingly, but for now, he sits in that deep lying holding role for me. A lump to throw forward for set pieces, and as we saw at Swindon, the boy does have a shot on him. Good player, Championship level all day long for me, but needs to develop to be top end, or avoid being restricted to playing in teams that operate the only role that really suits him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To the OP - while you're on here there's a lot of value in reading any posts from [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] with the understanding that the truth is actually the complete opposite of what he's written.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To the OP - while you're on here there's a lot of value in reading any posts from [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] with the understanding that the truth is actually the complete opposite of what he's written.

As they say all about opinions which I would say that yours is totally wrong but it is your opinion and you are entitled to have and express it

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I vividly remember a tackle against Norwich when it seemed that the AMEX crowd collectively winced then applauded.
Midfield enforcer of a standard to do a good job for a team aspiring to make the Championship playoffs if there are another couple of CMs to do the fancy creative stuff.

I like him.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Was it Ince that span around 360 degrees every time he received the ball? Decent enough champ squad player I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Get it right I do not hate him just cannot see what people rave over him about as he has very limited ability to play at Championship level. As you said in 9 games at Swindon he was MOM in 8 what div were they in? I rest my case. Top end of League One club would be his best loan.

"I rest my case." This is brilliant. Possibly your best post yet.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some people with rose tinted specs on. BG is talking a bit of sense for once. Ince no where near good enough Championship player. He barely got a start in his loan spell at Fulham did he?

Did well in a very poor Swindon team a division below though.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
He is in training pic today at the Amex

Attachments

• DHQvoAbXgAASHNd.jpg
    DHQvoAbXgAASHNd.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 143

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Some people with rose tinted specs on. BG is talking a bit of sense for once. Ince no where near good enough Championship player. He barely got a start in his loan spell at Fulham did he?

Did well in a very poor Swindon team a division below though.

He joined Fulham in the February of that season and made 8 starts and 2 sub appearances, scoring 1 goal, and could only have played in 17 games. They had a decent midfield too.

He is only 24, but given he converted from centre half to defensive midfielder relatively late, he is still even younger really in that position, and imho will only get better. He showed enough glimpses of real quality in terms of getting about the pitch, that I think he's well worth a loan punt by a Championship club.

Will he become a top championship player? Maybe not, but I don't agree either that he is no where near good enough for the Championship, he has the potential to still surprise a few people.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
never kicked a ball again in first team since he was bought on to shore up midfield and close out a 2-1 win at Derby

he then promptly gifted Derby the equaliser re sloppy back pass

This often gets repeated, but it is only partly true.

Ince WAS sloppy and gave away possession (40 yards from goal) but we had plenty of opportunity to recover the situation. The goal wasn't scored by the player he gave it to - they passed the ball into the box, where Greer lunged in to block a cross and conceded a questionable penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here