Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Squad numbers 2017/18 season

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
On the first team profiles page on the club website, Ince is still listed as #24, Towell is #27, and Walton is #31.

Suggests to me that while Towell hasn't been given a number in the club statement because he's going out on loan, like Walton, he's still considered a member of the first team squad - backed up by the new deal we gave him in the summer.

Ince is a weird one - his number has been given away so unless they update the website to give him a new number, maybe he'll be out the door sooner rather than later, probably sold rather than on loan?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What about a number 25 goal scorer?

Semi serious question – has the No 25 shirt been retired after Zamora left, or was that just a rumour/gesture suggested by someone? Only Kaz didn't take it back last season and hasn't for this season – although I suspect he probably won't be here anyway, despite having a squad number.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
When was the last time our No.1 actually wore the no.1 shirt? I seem to remember Caspar, PIG and Stockdale all wearing numbers other than 1. Was it Brezovan back in League 1?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
When was the last time our No.1 actually wore the no.1 shirt? I seem to remember Caspar, PIG and Stockdale all wearing numbers other than 1. Was it Brezovan back in League 1?

Sunday? :jester:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Frankly, 37 is a frickin' ridiculous shirt number.

Would love a return to times when the starting line-up simply wore 1 to 11, subs started at 12 and there were no names on shirts.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I know i know, just something doesn't sit right.

Bit like Leicester giving Iheanacho number 8

I grew up watching football with numbers 1-11 on shirts and number 12 as sub, I did prefer this and knew which number was which position on the pitch.

Maybe Kayal likes number 7, I don't know to be honest, but it would be wrong to take it away from him if he's happy with that number.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
#teamkaz

Great to see him in the 25 (at present). He is unique and a great joker for CH to play as a sub although I admit he is about 5th choice for the left wing starting position at present.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Frankly, 37 is a frickin' ridiculous shirt number.

Would love a return to times when the starting line-up simply wore 1 to 11, subs started at 12 and there were no names on shirts.

Maybe he sees himself playing just off the main striker but number 10 is already taken. So 3+7.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here