Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Surely that's the safety point

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
Rare poster and more of a lurker.....

.....but surprised not to see (and sorry if I've missed it) more of a consensus that tonight's point is enough.

Like most of you, since Huddersfield and Palace, I've been doing the permutations on how many points S'oton might get. I felt 8 was a massive stretch when they previously needed 7, now they need 8 AND to better our GD. Just don't see it happening.

We won't relax until it's mathematical. But surely tonight is the safety point we needed.....Fantastic performance from the boys, and Hughton deserves massive credit for how well organised we were tonight, straight off the training pitch.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It means Saints would need 3 wins or 2 wins 2 draws. Stoke now have to win 3/4. Not quite there yet but should be enough and means we can forget about Saturdays dead rubber game and remember the all important cup win v the franchise 2010 :thumbsup:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

.....but surprised not to see (and sorry if I've missed it) more of a consensus that tonight's point is enough.

Like most of you, since Huddersfield and Palace, I've been doing the permutations on how many points S'oton might get. I felt 8 was a massive stretch when they previously needed 7, now they need 8 AND to better our GD. Just don't see it happening.

We won't relax until it's mathematical. But surely tonight is the safety point we needed.....Fantastic performance from the boys, and Hughton deserves massive credit for how well organised we were tonight, straight off the training pitch.

If it comes down to goal difference versus Southampton, we are down. Theirs will automatically be better if we lose four games.

Two big games coming up, need Chelsea to beat burnley so that they are in top 4 hunt and will then be all out to beat Swansea, and need puel to take at least a point off the club that sacked him.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
A lot of luck, and it dun't make up for Satdi - would give me right knacker for us to have cared enough to earn a draw at scum and then lost tonight - but we won't go down now. Cracking achievement regardless of the general ineptness of the division, now need numerous new faces next year.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
It means Saints would need 3 wins or 2 wins 2 draws. Stoke now have to win 3/4. Not quite there yet but should be enough and means we can forget about Saturdays dead rubber game and remember the all important cup win v the franchise 2010 :thumbsup:

Stoke can win 2 draw 2

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes agree with you. Should be enough now. Probably had enough already. Would like to finish on 38 or better, so hope we keep pushing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought we were safe when we reached 34 points, but when 35 arrived it seemed so much safer.

Now 36 seems a massive step up again.

The earliest possible date for mathematical safety is now after Burnley away.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I think there's a decent chance of Saints having a better GD than us come the end of the season.

However, more importantly, I don't think they'll reach 36 points.

It’s not totally outlandish Saints could win 3/5 if they play beach teams so now we are not safe. We’ll half know on Thursday as if they don’t win that one 3/4 starts to look mountainous

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with the OP, us getting a point against Spurs is probably decisive for us.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think we will need one or two more points.

Certainly will be cheering Leicester on in Thursdays game against Southampton

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here