Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emiliano Sala [signed by Cardiff, confirmed to have been on missing aircraft]

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
We think of flying as such a routine thing these days but reminder that things can go horribly wrong. RIP to those onboard.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is horrific news if it proves to be true, for all involved but especially for the friends and family of those on board.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If it's bollocks to football and just concerned about the tragedy, we'd be discussing this story...
Yes of course, millions are dying around the world, and the vast majority won't get a mention, while we'll discuss this because of the link with us and Cardiff, but it was your choice of words that stood out. I'm not trying to criticise you, as I'm sure you didn't mean to sound callous, but your comment said it was tough for Cardiff, while missing out how tough it is for those on board and their friends and family, that's all.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wouldn't an engine failure allow you to glide the plane down?

Yes but it can’t glide forever. Secondly it would lose electrics apart from battery power.

Very rare for any aircraft to survive a water ditch.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How awful.They must have had life-jackets,so there's still hope till bodies are found.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Small planes seem to go down all the time around the world, no way near as safe as jets

I used to work at the CAA SRG in Crawley ....... there are multiple plane crashes every day and more jets go down than are reported in the press.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Why on earth would you put your star player a single engine turbo prop.
I do occasionally book players onto private jets, and no way would we book anything under a
2 engine 2 pilot job. Sympathy to all concerned, so avoidable. What were CCFC thinking?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Airsearch chief officer John Fitzgerald has said there is almost zero chance of finding anyone alive.

Sad awful news.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Why on earth would you put your star player a single engine turbo prop.
I do occasionally book players onto private jets, and no way would we book anything under a
2 engine 2 pilot job. Sympathy to all concerned, so avoidable. What were CCFC thinking?

My thoughts exactly; not only a poor choice using a single engined aircraft for a long flight over open sea but also setting off at 7:15pm in the pitch dark!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Depressing news. Must be awful for the friends and family. Just when you think someone's hope and dreams are about to be fulfilled, something like this happens. Just makes you realise the need to live everyday as if it's your last. You never know what's around the corner.

Hope the family get through this okay. Must be horrendous for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here