Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TODAYS BIG CONVERSATION: War with Russia

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Basically you can do what you want in the Ukraine, but invade Poland and the gloves are off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Crimea is Russia's Gibralta, Ukraine is a fascist state and the Middle East is on their doorstep as with China. It has nothing to do with us or NATO.
So we shouldn't have gone to war with Germany, because Poland was nothing to do with us. We shouldn't do anything until a dictator, having already taken over the rest of Europe, is invading the UK. Brilliant plan.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I don't feel threatened by Russia. I am more worried about the British government being sucked into wars, financing them, and warmongering from the sidelines. Unfortunately in Syria we gave the so called rebels confidence it taking the war to Assad and are responsible for mass migration from the Middle East and North Africa. I don't believe we have ever been at war with Russia unlike our friends across the pond and our old foes in Europe during and before the British Empire.
Crimean war?
Fighting Bolshevics at end of WW1 in support of White Russians?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Crimean war?
Fighting Bolshevics at end of WW1 in support of White Russians?

Not forgetting 1945-90 when we were in a constant state of readiness and fighting numerous global proxy wars against them. So, basically, apart from the majority of the last century, can someone tell Symjym when we've ever had a conflict with Russia? :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not forgetting 1945-90 when we were in a constant state of readiness and fighting numerous global proxy wars against them. So, basically, apart from the majority of the last century, can someone tell Symjym when we've ever had a conflict with Russia? :lolol:

Not forgetting the air lift to Berlin in 1948-49, when Russia took over Eastern Europe.
My Dad said we should have kept going once we reached Berlin in 45. Stalin killed more people than Hitler.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not forgetting the air lift to Berlin in 1948-49, when Russia took over Eastern Europe.
My Dad said we should have kept going once we reached Berlin in 45. Stalin killed more people than Hitler.

It was the Russians who lost the most men fighting Hitler and it could be argued that if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have won the war.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just hope it's not a PR Disaster like the one a few years ago where a certain gender were crying cos they were missing home so much !!
Best ever series was Sailor back in the 70's
Then it was a proper man's world in the Mob

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I vaguely remember that, was around the HMS Ark Royal?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So it’s Russia versus the Ukraine then.

Who’s got he rights then BT or Sky ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And why was Crimea important to us? It was a Turkey Russian issue and Turkey was our enemy in WWII. Let's give back Gibraltar, Northern Ireland and the Falklands.

Absolutely not. It annoys the hell out of Spain, Eire and Argentina and that alone is why they're worth hanging onto. BTW, Turkey was neutral in WW2

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just hope it's not a PR Disaster like the one a few years ago where a certain gender were crying cos they were missing home so much !!
Best ever series was Sailor back in the 70's
Then it was a proper man's world in the Mob

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

It was a shame for those young lads. They should have had a sea daddy looking after them, like you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was the Russians who lost the most men fighting Hitler and it could be argued that if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have won the war.

Stalin killed more of his own men than Hitler. The Russians murdered the
Polish in their droves as they matched west.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here