Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The odds have drifted on May becoming the next PM. That won't be a coincidence - Corbyn smashed it compared to May.

View attachment 85849

Incorrect. As I said, the odds have shortened on Betfair over the last half hour (or maybe a shade longer)

By way of nothing more than coincidence*, I had the next PM market open on Betfair around 9:15. May for next PM was 1.14 to back, 1.15 to lay.

Now May is 1.13 to back and 1.14 to lay.

(* - the reason I was looking at this, is May is 1.17 with Bill Hill and I was contemplating tying up some money for the next 10 days or so. For example £5000 backing May at 1.17 with WH and immediately layed off on Betfair for 1.14 will yield a guaranteed profit of c£100 regardless of the outcome. That's a 2% return on capital. Try getting that from a bank.)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The odds have drifted on May becoming the next PM. That won't be a coincidence - Corbyn smashed it compared to May.

View attachment 85849

And you need to open up the price history to see WHEN prices changed. Only one bookie has changed their odds since the programme finished, with BetFred SLASHING their price on May to be the next PM. Again, further validation of the surety of her performance.

View attachment 85850

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No Deal is better than a bad deal....but walking away is an even worse deal

I much prefer her stance that No deal is better than a bad deal for Britain.
The opposite view
A bad deal is better than no deal seems an idiotic way forward.....but i understand why those that want Brexit to be a disaster will carry on peddling this viewpoint.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That's different, of course.

I believe the councillor in question has completely removed herself from her past and admitted she was completely misguided.
No such luck someone trying to hold the highest office in the land will anytime soon completely distance himself from his terrorist admiring past

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
And you need to open up the price history to see WHEN prices changed. Only one bookie has changed their odds since the programme finished, with BetFred SLASHING their price on May to be the next PM. Again, further validation of the surety of her performance.

View attachment 85850
Only confirmation is that May is a bit weird, not that bright and no friend of ordinary people.

The fact she managed to be on telly for an hour without saying something REALLY stupid should not be cause for celebration.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Only confirmation is that May is a bit weird, not that bright and no friend of ordinary people.

The fact she managed to be on telly for an hour without saying something REALLY stupid should not be cause for celebration.

You're yet another sad blinkered looney.

But, despite that, I'll be here for you on June 9th for virtual hugz. I'll make sure you're ok hun xx

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
They export more to us than we do to them. Of course..... they are 27 and we are 1. As the agreements change and the export red tape goes back on the deals we will suffer more than them.
We are now going to renege on our leaving/exit fees.
No deal is better than a bad deal................... crap.

You mean these leaving/exit fees that were never mentioned before and, considering the amounts we've paid in previously, are a bloody cheek and an attempt to intimidate us? We aren't reneging on these at all, we're stopping ourselves being mugged.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
There is just something about TM that means she doesn't come over well in any sort of public speaking/campaigning. I agree with her on most things, I'm a committed Blue and always will be, but I am concerned with her ability to win people over and ultimately win an election. As far as I can see the strategy for the entire campaign has been poor from the start.

Of course, JC is is living in a dream world in which he is promising everything to everyone without any sense of reality and I hope this will be seen through by the British public on 8th June. But this election really should be an open goal for TM and she's really not very convincing as a figurehead.

As a 'committed blue' could you answer some genuine questions please? I'd also very much appreciate it if your answers avoided mentioning Labour OR JC.

I'd like to know your thoughts on the following things that the Tories have overseen in the last few years:

- The rise in food banks
- a huge rise in child poverty
- welfare cuts
- cuts to cooperation tax meaning cooperations pay less tax than their employees
- spectacularly missed economic targets
- the longest fall in value of wages since records began
- the austerity con
- the most unaffordable homes ever
- the biggest education funding cuts in decades
- the defunding of local government.

I've banded this list around a fair bit over the last few weeks and as of yet I've not had ANY responses or attempts to justify the above.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
'No deal is better than a bad deal'?????

No life is better than a bad life? Bollocks. I want to live and am prepared to suffer hardship to do so. I'm not going to ****ing top myself if I get ill or suffer financial issues.

If she thinks threatening to flounce off is the best plan, she's an idiot.

If she thought threatening to flounce off is the best plan she would be an idiot.

But that's not she see thinks or said, its just how you see it in your mind.

She has said no deal is better than a bad deal. Is that comment, that hard to understand

Let me make is simple for you. Pretend we have deals 1-10

Deal 1 - The best possible deal of the UK
Deals 2-8 Whatever is inbetween
Deal 9 - NO DEAL
Deal 10 - A poor deal for UK that we could not survive with.

Now, if deal one was threatening to flounce off, you would have a point.

But its not. And you don't. And for me to sum up how a lot of lefties think. You can't see what's in front of you, you see things to fit your agenda.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
- The rise in food banks
I'll take the top one. Bullshit.

I think we need to have a close look at who uses these food banks and why.

I know only three people who have used them. All have children, all are on the dole, and have no intention of working.

Two of them have cars.

All of them smoke at least 20 per day.

All have decent mobile phones. All have flat screen TVs and subscribe to albeit the basic SKY/VIRGIN TV packages

One of them as I type is on holiday with her two kids in Benidorm.

But they all have used food banks on more than one occasion.

If you are on the street and begging for food to survive, then you NEED food banks.

If you are in a house paid for by the state, out of work, but can afford lifes luxuries, and you use food bank, then you need a ****ing slap.

I would love an indept study just to who uses these food banks and why.

I am sure there are many justified in using them. But I also sure there are a large amount of people who don't need them, and sees banks as another freebie.

Oh, and the whole affordable home issue. Have a look at prices of houses in Brighton in 1997 when Labour came to power, and then in 2010 when they left power. Don't think you can pin that one on the blues.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here