Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My season is complete

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'd imagine Huddersfield will sign a lot of their loan players now.

From clubs like Chelsea and Man City? They will hold out for bumper fees as they have no need to sell. If Huddersfield want to spend all their transfer kitty on them then good luck to them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't particularly think Huddersfield were the better side- Reading looked more likely to me, but that said, both were extremely poor on the day, and barely created a chance between them.

I'm glad Reading lost, that's good news for most people I think.

I'm not sure Wagner is quite the villain some people are making him out to be really. He just said he'd heard we often fell away when it counted. Maybe he was badly advised. Or- assuming it WAS mind games- plenty of people do it. Sure, he's not the chirpy breath of fresh air some of the media like to paint him as either. But the truth is probably somewhere in between the two!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
From clubs like Chelsea and Man City? They will hold out for bumper fees as they have no need to sell. If Huddersfield want to spend all their transfer kitty on them then good luck to them.

I think they will be looking to keep their loanees and they will be lucky if they can keep hold of the likes of mooy, who Man City want back, and seemly Liverpool want ward back....but I assume Wagner will pull in some favours from Klopp.

Wagner has extensive contacts in Germany so I would have thought they will being in some more German players, which it seems strangely where we are also looking.

I am not convinced both us and town are certainties to go back down. Both teams have good home records and will spend wisely. I would have thought mid table for both teams.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The big draw back is being in the same league as that arrogant German Wagner. I put him in the same class as Billy Davies.

Let it go Brian.

I will forward you the exact full interview he had with the examiner if you want, where he was quoted as saying, " i was told by people who know English football better than I that brighton have struggled in the last few playoff seasons.." which was exactly right..we have ..we were crap against derby, Sheffield wed and palace and we chocked badly. He wasn't being disrespectful which a few of the more precious fans read it to be.

He is a passionate manager as is klopp and expresses himself in a completely different way to hughton who is a quiet introverted character. That is all.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Three best things about this season:

Brighton going up
Wednesday losing on penalties
Reading losing on penalties

I'm so happy right now
No no no

Leeds producing a play off song and failing to reach them. They're fans for weeks and weeks were singing. Leeds are going up, going up and repeat.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Let it go Brian.

I will forward you the exact full interview he had with the examiner if you want, where he was quoted as saying, " i was told by people who know English football better than I that brighton have struggled in the last few playoff seasons.." which was exactly right..we have ..we were crap against derby, Sheffield wed and palace and we chocked badly. He wasn't being disrespectful which a few of the more precious fans read it to be.

He is a passionate manager as is klopp and expresses himself in a completely different way to hughton who is a quiet introverted character. That is all.

Whoa whoa whoa. Crap in the Wednesday game? Which one? The one where we ended up with 10 men thanks to four injuries or the one where the lino missed a blatant foul for their goal?

Also, Derby? We had no right even being in the playoffs that year. They were unquestionably the better team. Pains me to say it but the only time we choked was Palace at the Amex.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Undercover agent [MENTION=3110]Paul Reids Sock[/MENTION]
Should have the inside knowledge of how the town is coming to grips with life back in the Championship. :cool:

Amusingly I was watching in a pub full of Reading. The comments during the game were about how they were guaranteed second bottom at worst as Brighton were already up.

I couldn't help but laugh as the winning pen went in and how devalued the Prem has become with Brighton AND Huddersfield in it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Whoa whoa whoa. Crap in the Wednesday game? Which one? The one where we ended up with 10 men thanks to four injuries or the one where the lino missed a blatant foul for their goal?

Also, Derby? We had no right even being in the playoffs that year. They were unquestionably the better team. Pains me to say it but the only time we choked was Palace at the Amex.

Fair enough...I am still not over the playoff games....lol

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Amusingly I was watching in a pub full of Reading. The comments during the game were about how they were guaranteed second bottom at worst as Brighton were already up.

I couldn't help but laugh as the winning pen went in and how devalued the Prem has become with Brighton AND Huddersfield in it.

In disguise, discreetly eating Hob Nobs I bet?
They deserve to stay where they are IMO :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Let it go Brian.

I dont like any body slating my Brighton and I took it that he was trying to unsettle us with words in the hope of us falling off ahd them taking our place and I didnt like that. If he us not the arrogant man that I think then it will be forthcoming.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Let it go Brian.

I've read his interview in the Examiner. Why did he have to mention us at all? I don't remember Hughton passing comment on other clubs or managers.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I am not convinced both us and town are certainties to go back down. Both teams have good home records and will spend wisely. I would have thought mid table for both teams.

Do you really believe that Brighton and Huddersfield are going to finish in ninth and tenth position in the Premier League next season?

I mean seriously?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Do you really believe that Brighton and Huddersfield are going to finish in ninth and tenth position in the Premier League next season?

I mean seriously?

Mid-table would mean 10th and 11th out of 20 teams, but I take your general point.

As for the possibility of that happening, it's rare for all 3 newly-promoted teams to be relegated as it is for all 3 of them to stay up.

I think of the 3 that have gone up, one will be comfortably in mid-table, another will finish just above the bottom 3, and the other will drop back down.

No idea on the permutations there.

But with the mighty footballing superpower that is Bournemouth finishing in 9th above a number of clubs including Palace, anything outside the top 6-7 is possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here