Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
From the papers today "Brighton and Newcastle have been given permission to speak to Chelsea starlet Tammy Abraham about a loan deal."

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
From the papers today "Brighton and Newcastle have been given permission to speak to Chelsea starlet Tammy Abraham about a loan deal."
So basically what they send online yesterday!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He'll choose us over Toon I hope. Too much pressure, distance and competition for places up north.

I would be very happy with this.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Pretty much that's the way papers tend to work always at least 1/2 a day behind! Would love him to come here and I reckon wages wouldn't be more than 25-30k a week!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This is the best I can find for now

https://www.premierleague.com/news/60177

It seems rule v.5 is the relevant one, but I can't find that on the site.

The loan explanation on that url says 1 loan max from any particular PL club, 4 loans over the season.

But I'm sure I also read somewhere that of those 4 loans, only 2 can be at once. ( ie max 2 before january transfer window, max 2 after the window ).

Looks like we'll have to get Abraham on loan, and sign Tomori out right.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Always dangerous having a loan where you have to play them - suspect that's why Akpom came on so many times when the game didn't warrant it

I asked this very specific question to Paul Barber - whether the Albion EVER signed a player on loan with any such stipulation, and the answer is that will have not, and would not.

HOWEVER...

He went on to explain that there is very often a financial incentive to play the player. Young Prem starlet on £30k a week will be loaned to Champ club to get experience. His parent club will often pick up a large chunk of his salary IF he's playing, with further liability on the borrowing club, if they leave him out.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He'll choose us over Toon I hope. Too much pressure, distance and competition for places up north.

I would be very happy with this.

Me too and that seems to make sense. However, on the down side there is the Rafa-Chelsea connection. And the fact that Newcastle should be stronger than us and Chelsea like lending to clubs that will do maximum damage to their top 4 rivals. Oh, and presumably there's a fee involved in this sort of thing too. Newcastle would probably wipe the floor with us on that front, even with Ashley at the top.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Do you think we need a 5th centre half? Or would you like to sell one?

3gk, 9 defenders, 9(or 10) midfielders, 4(or 5) forwards.
That's a 26 man squad to announce, comprising 25 and one quality England u-21 player (such as Abraham). We'd have to rely on the DS beyond that.
In terms of defence, ideally the ninth would be someone who could play anywhere across the defence rather than a centre half specifically. Tomori fits that bill: his strongest position is centre back, but can play across the back line. Note also that Bruno can also play there.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
That's a 26 man squad to announce, comprising 25 and one quality England u-21 player (such as Abraham). We'd have to rely on the DS beyond that.
In terms of defence, ideally the ninth would be someone who could play anywhere across the defence rather than a centre half specifically. Tomori fits that bill: his strongest position is centre back, but can play across the back line. Note also that Bruno can also play there.

That's fine. Personally I'd rather see the money spent in the attacking areas of the team. I can't imagine that Tomori would come cheap.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Assume March and Walton would be in the squad?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Bruno may have been able to play as a centre back once upon a time, but I wouldn't like to see him there again. His lack of pace is a major factor now.

I personally wonder if he will be able to compete effectively enough at full back this coming season. His legs are getting weaker, and the opposition is getting quicker. All down to old father time.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's fine. Personally I'd rather see the money spent in the attacking areas of the team. I can't imagine that Tomori would come cheap.

He won't be cheap, and there are real doubts over whether he'd want to come or, more particularly, whether Chelsea would want to sell him. He's not a crucial addition to our squad, I see securing Abraham as more important, but getting Tomori might just help in getting Abraham.
I suspect we'll see more money spent on a goalkeeper than a striker (on wages more than fees), but it's just a suspicion.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Brighton hope to have the edge in the pursuit of Chelsea's Tammy Abraham by virtue of Chris Hughton's strong relationship with Michael Emenalo.

The Chelsea technical director is selective over where players are sent on loan and views Brighton under Hughton as a good place for the club's youngsters to gain experience.

Chelsea will let Abraham out to a Premier League club to aid his development after the 19-year-old scored 26 goals in 48 games while at Bristol City.

Both Brighton and Newcastle have been granted permission to speak to the striker by Chelsea but the Premier League champions rate him highly and will not countenance a sale.

As well as Hughton's high standing among the power-brokers at Stamford Bridge, Brighton's relatively close proximity to Chelsea's Cobham training base is also in their favour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here