Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I despair of some of the twats who call themselves fans of this club.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I realize that is meant as a joke but members of his family may log in and pass on the general feeling of posters. and I dont want to add to it.

I think he knows the vast majority want him to stay, and he is by no means an angel on Twitter himself. You reap what you sow, and if your not man enough to take the fall out.... Well tuff it's a big bad world out there....

Sadly it looks like he's off, and I actually think he will rue this chance to stay.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it's a good thing. I think he'd be too week in the prem. Lovely bloke but not good enough shot stopper, handling or dominating his box. Next year he'd have far more to deal with than this year

Too week?

I think he'd last longer than that. Christmas at least..................

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
His only responses. There's nothing in these about his career or finances.

[tweet]865656871054692352[/tweet]

[tweet]865658249206390785[/tweet]

I didn't say there was. I said he responded to comments about his career/finances. He seems a poor judge of appropriate behavior by a sportsman on the internet. Nevertheless he comes across as passionate and genuinely caring about local issues and people. He is also a great goalkeeper and I'm hoping he signs a contract.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure what you're disagreeing with........I agree with everything you've written but it doesn't contradict what I've said [emoji23][emoji23]

I think you'll find he is disagreeing with your comment that he is replaceable. Maybe as a goalkeeper but not for everything else he has brought to the club and the way he has immersed himself in the ethos.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just before that, he'd tweeted he'd just got home from his fishing trip. Obviously, because his kids are at school, the family wasn't with him.
He then tweeted Family first, but that came just after Sky Sports news had reported him refusing to sign a contract. There's no source for the SSN report and you can see Stockdale has poo pooed it. The club announced a contract offer later in the evening.
Some fans jumped to conclusions thinking that Family first was relating to his career, when he obviously meant the family holiday. He confirmed it in a later tweet.

Storm in a teacup.

It's a dream, like world without lawyers.
If we didn't have Sky, social media and so called scources all chomping on the bit to release the inside track on any jo bloggs, who may or may not be moving.
The footballing fraternity would be a far better place IMO :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think you'll find he is disagreeing with your comment that he is replaceable. Maybe as a goalkeeper but not for everything else he has brought to the club and the way he has immersed himself in the ethos.

He has been immense in that regard and a great ambassador and club man and if he goes I'll be disappointed.......but others will carry on the good work.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Amazing. 86 pages of a Stockdale thread and nobody had mentioned this. I'm so glad someone's bitten the bullet

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Think this thread needs to be merged/removed... [now done, thanks mods]

Last edited:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Great at saving penalties too, invaluable in the Premier League, where I have no doubt we will see plenty given against us. Immense club man and embodies the spirit of our club. Be gutted to see him go, still really hope he stays, and as others have said, I have a feeling he could really come to regret it if he decides his journey with us ends now.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here