Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Hughton you make me very proud to support our club

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Top manager and a top bloke, was gutted that our club treated him the way we did to accommodate a snake like P45due.

Most Newcastle fans I've read still hold him in high regard.
It won't be pretty but I think he'll be ok in the Prem. Even if we came straight back down, I would want him here to have another crack at promotion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Chris Hughton is a lot more aware of what is required than all of us put together.

Woo woo woo, steady on now, let's not get carried away.

Sure Hewtown has made a proffesional living from football for 40 years, but let's not forget we...

...we...

...we are a messageboard.

el punal

Woo woo woo, steady on now, let's not get carried away.

Sure Hewtown has made a proffesional living from football for 40 years, but let's not forget we...

...we...

...we are a messageboard.

I know, it's me nerves! So near, yet so far, to the finishing line that I'm having a bout of the vapours. Keep calm, deep breaths . . .:ascarf:

Playmaker

Mar 29, 2016
Mid Sussex
Let's just be sure to show how much we all appreciate him again on Tuesday night with a few resounding choruses of 'Chrissy Hughton's Blue & White' Army'

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'm happy to repeat something I've posted before on this Board.

In 2010, when Hughton was between the Newcastle and Birmingham jobs, I spotted him in the Club seats lounge (1901 equivalent) at the Emirates. No surprise there, but what caught my eye was the number of people shaking his hand and saying hi. Remember, this is a guy who played and coached at Arsenal's big rivals. I thought "hhmmm, this guy must be a decent fella...".

I'm sure we will give him every chance to succeed going forward, when he didn't at Norwich or Newcastle.

PG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

In 2010, when Hughton was between the Newcastle and Birmingham jobs, I spotted him in the Club seats lounge (1901 equivalent) at the Emirates. No surprise there, but what caught my eye was the number of people shaking his hand and saying hi. Remember, this is a guy who played and coached at Arsenal's big rivals. I thought "hhmmm, this guy must be a decent fella...".

I'm sure we will give him every chance to succeed going forward, when he didn't at Norwich or Newcastle.

PG

He got Newcastle promoted.

Jan 22, 2017
Most Newcastle fans I've read still hold him in high regard.
It won't be pretty but I think he'll be ok in the Prem. Even if we came straight back down, I would want him here to have another crack at promotion.

Never heard anyone say anything negative about him. When he was with us in the PL we picked up some memorable wins under him - 6-0 v Villa, 5-1 v Sunderland, 0-1 at Arsenal being a couple.

He is a different class of manager and a different class of bloke to Pardew.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

PG

Arsenal may need a manager soon.........

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never heard anyone say anything negative about him. When he was with us in the PL we picked up some memorable wins under him - 6-0 v Villa, 5-1 v Sunderland, 0-1 at Arsenal being a couple.

He is a different class of manager and a different class of bloke to Pardew.

He's not just a different class to Pardew, he's on a different planet to that Dad dancing prat.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Never heard anyone say anything negative about him.

You should speak to some Norwich fans,

But it is remarkable that he's coached and managed at five clubs and fans of four of them having nothing but good to say about him. And who cares about the opinions of six-fingered, turnip-munching, in-bred yokels?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But it is remarkable that he's coached and managed at five clubs and fans of four of them having nothing but good to say about him. And who cares about the opinions of six-fingered, turnip-munching, in-bred yokels?
Looking at their current managerless plight, you'd have to credit those still holding onto that opinion with NSC levels of 'refusing to admit when wrong'.

High praise indeed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He is the man! :bowdown: deserves not only success but also a lot of respect, which I dare say he gets from many of his peers. The fact he took the time out of his exceptionally busy schedule to fly over to France for Knocky senior's funeral is all I need to know about what kind of man Hughton is, and we're lucky to have a manager like him.

Additional to that - not only was he due to be the club's representative at M Knockaert Snr's funeral, but the togetherness he engenders meant several players also went over, much to Anthony's surprise.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
He even obeyed the orders of the fans on Saturday! Posted in jest and aside from the odd (probably naivety and idealism) moan about negative formations, nothing but respect and admiration.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
With the obvious exception of Poyet, the club have been graced with a succession of dignified managers in recent years. Some more successful than others, but they all retained a sense of dignity, whether in victory or defeat. And all left the club with our best wishes for the future. Only Poyet still rankles. Bit of a self-serving **** really. IMHO, like.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I'd LOVE IT (KK-style) if the team clinched promotion at Norwich away. Almost as much as I'd love it if, instead of Villa, Wednesday was the last game of the season and promotion was assured :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here