Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Striker search.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Now I know I'm likely to be shot down in flames but in relation to our striker problem I seem to remember many years ago Peter Taylor signed a certain Peter Ward from non league football. Leicester did the same with Jamie Vardy. Is it worth a look.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Whitehawks Centre Forward has already turned us down

............and is on his way to Norwich

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seeing who the recruitment team have found from the professional ranks, over the last few years, I do sincerely hope this isn't one of your better ideas.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Chris Holroyd has scored 11 for Wrexham, think we should make a move ???

Or if you want to blow the budget then its Danny Row from Fylde or.......

Bruno Andrade from Boreham Wood with 23 goals in 64 apps

FLAIRORAMA!

:goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good idea. Jake Robinson would be delighted to have to not drive to Billericay twice a week

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Now I know I'm likely to be shot down in flames but in relation to our striker problem I seem to remember many years ago Peter Taylor signed a certain Peter Ward from non league football. Leicester did the same with Jamie Vardy. Is it worth a look.

What? You mean, SCOTLAND?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

We were in the Third Division at the time.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Dude, we are not getting a striker, when will people get it, we messed up in the summer, one would have thought we would have worked super duper hard between now and the window opening to get it right.

Window opens, nothing.....

Surely we would have made contact with people beforehand, to get someone in asap and up to speed with the squad...

Nope.....

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THIS IS OUR LOT GET USED TO IT AND STOP MAKING NEW THREADS IT IS A WASTE OF TIME.

Sent from work while I am pretending to work.....

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I love Wardy, but I'd worry about his ability these days to last 90 minutes in the PL.

I think it would be a risk. He's struggled in the REMF matches. Not dissimilar standard either.

Cheap option- but his best days are past him.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003

Nice idea. Mind you, we were in League Division Three when we signed Wardy. Leicester were in the Championship when they signed Vardy.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Cheap option- but his best days are past him.

Yes but many said that about Zamora & Murray and they still did the business on their returns.

Give Ward a pay-as-you-play contract until the end of the season I say, what have we got to lose?

I know his fitness has been a issue recently but we could just throw him on for the last 10 minutes of each game. It would give us such a boost to see Ward back in the stripes making his Premier League debut. You never loose that killer instinct, he could get into double figures by May.

Does anybody have a more realistic option of signing a striker - I don’t think so!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Searching for a striker, you say? I’ve been browsing nsc for months and I had no idea.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes but many said that about Zamora & Murray and they still did the business on their returns.

Give Ward a pay-as-you-play contract until the end of the season I say, what have we got to lose?

I know his fitness has been a issue recently but we could just throw him on for the last 10 minutes of each game. It would give us such a boost to see Ward back in the stripes making his Premier League debut. You never loose that killer instinct, he could get into double figures by May.

Does anybody have a more realistic option of signing a striker - I don’t think so!

Playing off a very tall guy (Ian Mellor-esque), it would work.

Let's put in a silly bid with Wycombe for Akinfenwa.

Together, that combination up front might give us the 5 wins to limp over the line.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Playing off a very tall guy (Ian Mellor-esque), it would work.

Let's put in a silly bid with Wycombe for Akinfenwa.

Together, that combination up front might give us the 5 wins to limp over the line.

Fantastic spot! No one muscles this guy off the ball!

I’ve found the NSC requirements to turn this into a genuine rumour.

Possible WAG:
8e48ac4331e2d096d82aa94719871002.jpg

YouTube Showreel:
https://youtu.be/ZHyoR6tg2qA

Stats:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adebayo-akinfenwa/profil/spieler/32798

Looking at his stats, 13 goals plus 8 assists this season alone is mouth watering. PLUS, he is available on a free in June so surely we could get a good price for him now as Wycombe would want to cash in like we did with Barnes; £2m should do it?

The opportunity to play Premier League football should mean he is a good as ours should we make a decent approach.

This one’s got legs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here