Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England's WC so far. Brilliant!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They are all really likable.

You can see why Southgate wanted rid of Wilshire/Hart/Rooney

Proper team spirit and all young.

We may not win anything, but we have a team to get behind

I’m not sure if anyone saw the interview with Delph after the game, but you can see why he was wanted around the squad.

Exactly, this is a team you can happily support and relate to. Not often I have felt like this about an England team. It would be great to go all the way but even if it ends at the semi final these lads and manager have done us proud.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Exactly, this is a team you can happily support and relate to. Not often I have felt like this about an England team. It would be great to go all the way but even if it ends at the semi final these lads and manager have done us proud.

I saw Kane stayed behind and met with fans in the stands after the game, compare that to Rooney swearing at his own fans after Algeria.

Or Henderson who could feel hard done by for not being captain, haven’t seen him do a John Terry and call a press conference mid tournament - just played out of his skin.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
52 years of hurt.

:Italia 90 destroyed me.

Let's put it right.
Ditto, the Italia 90 squad were far superior to this lot too. We have punched above our weight to do so well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
noticing Croatians with some issues as they go into extra time, and other teams have too. we didnt seem bothered by extra time in Colombia game, tired but not cramping up and other than Alli in earlier games, dont seem to have injury problems. is our squad one of the fittest in the tournament?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
noticing Croatians with some issues as they go into extra time, and other teams have too. we didnt seem bothered by extra time in Colombia game, tired but not cramping up and other than Alli in earlier games, dont seem to have injury problems. is our squad one of the fittest in the tournament?
Yes, noticed this too. Talk of Kane, Alli, Vardy and Walker all carrying injuries pre match today but we played our strongest team. No suspension or Metatarsal issues either... What's going to stop us?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
is our squad one of the fittest in the tournament?

Given the speed our of our PL, we should be
The English mentality of fitness and well being has come from the knowledge of our European cousins.
Progressing all the time :)

On a side note, the way the Russians and Croats are running into each other, its got to be a plus for the England team :lolol:

LVGull

May 13, 2016
England's WC so far. Piece of piss.

If only Brighton had it this easy in the PL, playing Tunisia, Panama, Colombia without their only star player and Sweden.

Belgium have beaten Brazil & England
France have beaten Argentina & Denmark
Croatia have beaten Argentina
Russia have beaten Spain

To get this far.

Are you another bitter Scotsman?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
But I still see that tackle by Moore and when Lineker scored, Bobby belting the ball AND SOUTHGATE SCREAMING :rave::bowdown:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
For those of us who have seen so many failures since 1966, this is karma

It's coming home!!!!!
Before my time.

But I remember 'the hand of god' goal, Italia 90 and Euro 96 before it all turned to shite.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I keep thinking of the rise of Jordan Pickford, only a couple of years back he was employed to pick the balls out of Sunderland's net, but he wanted better, so he left and became a goalkeeper and now he finds himself in the semi finals of the World Cup ! Amazing !
Did the Sunderland fans do a Steele and light their torches, sharpen their pitchforks and run him out of town ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have some f*****g faith Trig ffs
Low expectations have got us this far, I intend to keep them.
Is your life really that boring that you come online looking to squash any positivity you come across?
I haven't squashed, or quashed your positivity. I was on here anyway, and I don't like to get ahead of myself or count chickens.
What happened to make you hate it?
What am I supposed to be hating? We've beaten Colombia (missing their main man) and Sweden, and some of you have got a bit carried away. I'm not.

Oh do piss off you tedious ****
Blimey, bit touchy. I'd have thought England fans would be in a better mood this evening.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Low expectations have got us this far, I intend to keep them.
I haven't squashed, or quashed your positivity. I was on here anyway, and I don't like to get ahead of myself or count chickens.
What am I supposed to be hating? We've beaten Colombia (missing their main man) and Sweden, and some of you have got a bit carried away. I'm not.

Blimey, bit touchy. I'd have thought England fans would be in a better mood this evening.

F**k of Trig

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Much as I hate to say it Trig has got a point. (Although I felt confident we'd get past Colombia & Sweden)
If England bring it home, they can only look back at the final as being the only game where they would have beaten a fancied team.
The cup is there for the taking, and it's possibly England's to lose now.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The cup is there for the taking, and it's possibly England's to lose now.
The winner of France/Belgium is going to be the favourite, whoever wins out of England/Croatia, unless there is a stream of injuries/red cards for the winning team in the France match.

What's important to me is that England have that chance. Yes, it could all go wrong against Croatia (who I would then definitely be supporting in the final), but one thing I think we can be sure of is that this England team are not taking things for granted.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here