Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for an Albion fan from the LGBTQ community

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Actually, it's you who has got the wrong end of the stick - persistently. You spectacularly miss the point, and have highlighted your own ocean of ignorance.

Your comment I've quoted is about the perspective of non-LGBTQ fans towards LGBTQ issues...

(a lot of people just don't see anyone form the LGBTQ community as different to any other fan).

No-one gives a shit about what non-LGBTQ fans think about LGBTQ fans - though this is your central point here. This is supposed to be about the issues within football as faced by LGBTQ fans, which - by your posts - you evidently neither know nor care about.

Nor do you have anything to do with the magazine as editor, article-writer, designer, printer nor reader. So why keep coming back to post your irrelevancies? Well done for the fact you've now made this thread all about you, rather than sensibly tackling any real issues.

No offence or faux-offence taken here - just exasperation at someone who keeps posting a comprehensive lack of understanding of the issues.

I understand the issue thoroughly thank you. I understand thoroughly why the article is being written and what the OP explained are the motivations behind the article, the request and this thread. YOU have got the wrong end of the stick. YOU have misunderstood.
I'm done explaining myself to the self appointed guardians of this thread. You sir, are an arse.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
But it does (rightly or wrongly) segregate some people. I like the idea of having a LGBT+ column - heck, call it 'Queerfield' but if we had a column on 'The white man says' - society would be scrambling over itself to label the later as racist

I think it probably rather depends on what the 'white man says'.

Of course we have a lot of those kind of columns already, just pick up a copy of the Daily Mail.

Anyway I've been reading up on these definitions and I rather like the idea of Pansexual, makes a lot of sense to me. :)

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I believe that what he'll be doing is writing about how the Albion are covered outside of Sussex, particularly in the vicinity of one of our fellow newly-promoted teams.

That's just a guess, mind you.

Even when we were direct rivals last season, there wasn't a huge amount written about the Albion up here in the North East. Mainly because we weren't actually seen as rivals for most of the season. Now that Newcastle are back in the PL, they will immediately focus on challenging for Europe and we will still have no relevance to them, save for the odd article about CH.

You might need a bit of creative writing ability to fill your articles!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Can't somebody think of something better than LGBTQ,or whatever alphabet soup name is favourite this week?Something pronounceable like Alternative.:smokin:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Shouldn't be any issues, it was a genuine request from the OP, it's the likes of Nipple peddling his views and you Al for biting, Nipple is sitting there right now quite literally pissing himself whilst you're blood pressure has gone from borderline to concerning [emoji23]

I know exactly what The Albion Mag is about, and what the Op wants - I've been involved since before Day One. I assume you can read. Look at the last line of my post. :facepalm:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I understand the issue thoroughly thank you. I understand thoroughly why the article is being written and what the OP explained are the motivations behind the article, the request and this thread. YOU have got the wrong end of the stick. YOU have misunderstood.
I'm done explaining myself to the self appointed guardians of this thread. You sir, are an arse.

'Self-appointed guardians...'; pitiful.

Put down the shovel any time you're ready. You'll feel so much better for it.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
My attempt to get the thread back on track for a proper discussion went well then....

Not sure what there is to discuss. Certainly not 128 entries worth.

Albion Mag want an LGBT writer. They will doubtless talk about issues of prejudice in sport, lack of LGBT involvement, homophobia etc. There’s only 12 issues a year so there will be enough to talk of. The previous writer was very interesting.

Some people read the mag, some don’t. Some may not have heard of it. Some folk will read the articles, others will be indifferent. Not many will want to make an issue of it.

Except some, of course.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Is asking for a gay writer discrimination?
If I advertised for an employee who is white,straight and a man , wouldn't that be discrimination

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Is asking for a gay writer discrimination?
If I advertised for an employee who is white,straight and a man , wouldn't that be discrimination

Not if the article to be written is specifically about being gay, no.

I imagine if the OP had asked for a female journalist to write about being a woman at the football and their experiences, or a black journalist to write about their experiences of racism in football, there wouldn't be a problem.

It's like a man being put out that he's not been asked to audition for the role of Princess Diana.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Even when we were direct rivals last season, there wasn't a huge amount written about the Albion up here in the North East. Mainly because we weren't actually seen as rivals for most of the season. Now that Newcastle are back in the PL, they will immediately focus on challenging for Europe and we will still have no relevance to them, save for the odd article about CH.

You might need a bit of creative writing ability to fill your articles!

:thumbsup:

I'm sure I'll be able to make it work - I already have an idea or two for future articles.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I'm amazed by this thread I have to say. Do you need to have someone from the LGBTQ community then? Do you have a black person? An oriental? A ginger? What about the baldies, are they represented? Fat people? Christians? Muslims? The over 65s? Under 18s? What about the animal community, are they represented? Women? Men? Lobsters? Have you anyone from Worthing? Milton Keynes? What about the Cornish? The Welsh? Perhaps one or two from Scotland? Are you representing those of us that like to pee straight down the middle of the toilet? Audi drivers? How about professionals? Builders? Teachers? The police?

THIS COUNTRY. :angry:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Not if the article to be written is specifically about being gay, no.

I imagine if the OP had asked for a female journalist to write about being a woman at the football and their experiences, or a black journalist to write about their experiences of racism in football, there wouldn't be a problem.

It's like a man being put out that he's not been asked to audition for the role of Princess Diana.

So back to my 1st point earlier in the post, why would a gay man's opinion of a club/game be anymore diverse or different from any man or women at a game regardless of there sexuality?? It is defeating the point of eqaulity,, for years "minority groups" have been saying,qiute rightly, "we are all the same as everyone us, just normal people" so why segregate yourself now full equality is in place (and if it's not it is certainly on the horizon)
That goes for ALL groups, black life's matter is one that really bothers me, Shirley all lives matter and if it is aimed at the gang culture in deprived areas why not "poor lives matter just as much as anyone's life" the list is endless it's almost like just at a time we move forward we have a group pop up saying "we are the same as you but different , we want equality but also to be recognised, not that we want to be recognised for being different because we're the same" . It's a bit of a "what have the Romans ever done for us"

Last edited:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
So back to my 1st point earlier in the post, why would a gay man's opinion of a club/game be anymore diverse or different from any man or women at a game regardless of there sexuality??

So in your opinion there is no problem concerning homophobia (or any other related form of discrimination) in football?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
So in your opinion there is no problem concerning homophobia (or any other related form of discrimination) in football?

In my experience (I go regulary to games with a gay man) I sometimes hear ,from rival fans, the usual "we can see you holding hands ect" but other than that no, I don't hear or see any homophobia abuse and if I was a gay man and a rival fans said "oi f**** poof" I would either take that as "poof" thinking I'm a weakling or "poof" as in a homosexual, either way not that offensive, if someone called me "cracker" or "honky" or a group of gay men called me "ruler" or "f**** straight" I couldn't muster enough energy to get even mildly annoyed and its true,however as I said I very rarely hear any homophobia apart from a few songs which we have embraced "you're to ugly to be gay" ect, and we still sing "you're Welsh and you know you are" or "sheep shaggers" or "we pay your benefits" or "sign on" depending on regional areas does that mean we are anti unemployed, anti Welsh ect

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So back to my 1st point earlier in the post, why would a gay man's opinion of a club/game be anymore diverse or different from any man or women at a game regardless of there sexuality?? It is defeating the point of eqaulity,, for years "minority groups" have been saying,qiute rightly, "we are all the same as everyone us, just normal people" so why segregate yourself now full equality is in place (and if it's not it is certainly on the horizon)
That goes for ALL groups, black life's matter is one that really bothers me, Shirley all lives matter and if it is aimed at the gang culture in deprived areas why not "poor lives matter just as much as anyone's life" the list is endless it's almost like just at a time we move forward we have a group pop up saying "we are the same as you but different , we want equality but also to be recognised, not that we want to be recognised for being different because we're the same" . It's a bit of a "what have the Romans ever done for us"

You didn't read a word of my post, did you.

If the magazine is wanting to write an article on being a gay black woman, they are not going to ask a straight white man.

It all depends on what the content of the article is.

If the poster said "I'm looking for an albion fan to write an article about Brighton's promotion", you don't expect a Sunderland fan to say "hey, why does it need to be a Brighton fan?"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here