Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our complete list of transfer targets

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I would have thought that Will Hughes and Jota are significant upgrades on our squad and for "reasonable" fees. Both are reported to be subject to bids of UPTO £8 million.

Edit: Not by us though!

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Watford now in advanced talks to sign Will Hughes for 8 million according to BBC Sport. We didn't want him anyway did we? :rolleyes:
I may be wrong, but Derby appear to be quite happy to sell him. If that's the case, I would be suspicious that they know something Watford don't e.g. attitude, or maybe they feel he won't reach the potential they thought he had.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I may be wrong, but Derby appear to be quite happy to sell him. If that's the case, I would be suspicious that they know something Watford don't e.g. attitude, or maybe they feel he won't reach the potential they thought he had.

Or maybe they just want the money to buy some more forwards. It is the Derby Way

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I think Derby need the money as they have exhausted their Profit & Sustainabilty budget and have already bought Curtis Davies. And they need to find a striker!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Gross was single handedly taking care of 3 & 4 with a nod to 5 as well.

(4) Groß has a goal one very ten games, better than Will Hughes, but not like the once every four games of Stefan Johansen or Cairney. He might be OK for (3) set pieces after a lot of practice.
Our other midfielders are hardly prolific goalscorers. It is arguable that Dale Stephens could increase his total if he wasn't required to play a more defensive role? i.e. if we signed a left-sided defensive midfielder we could solve several problems at one time. Groß is right footed.

PS It looks like Huddersfield are going to sign the right footed Danny Williams. Good luck to them, but they might be ahead of our game of they get Mooy and Izzy Brown as well.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would have thought that Will Hughes and Jota are significant upgrades on our squad and for "reasonable" fees. Both are reported to be subject to bids of UPTO £8 million.

Edit: Not by us though!

I think we can only afford to choose players that actively fit in or plug gaps rather then spend on any player that is a little better than what we've got. Jota and Hughes could arguably be competing for the Knockaert role.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Best on the list:

Simon Kjær
Tom Cairney (not seen this rumour though)

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
Are Brighton still talking to Troisi?

He'll probably start against Cameroon tonight. Ryan may be rested. Mooy will probably play, but as I keep saying - Rogic is the one you want. I'm guessing he'll come off the bench.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Former transfer target:-

Everton remain open to offers for striker Oumar Niasse despite the 27-year-old scoring five times in 20 matches when on loan at relegated Hull City last season. (Liverpool Echo)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
According to the BBC's football gossip this morning:

"Barcelona have rejected a £31 offer for midfielder Andre Gomes, 23, from a Premier League club."

I reckon we could at least double that, they might be tempted then. [emoji106]

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Former transfer target:-

Everton remain open to offers for striker Oumar Niasse despite the 27-year-old scoring five times in 20 matches when on loan at relegated Hull City last season. (Liverpool Echo)

Hope he's never been on our radar - dire.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
According to the BBC's football gossip this morning:

"Barcelona have rejected a £31 offer for midfielder Andre Gomes, 23, from a Premier League club."

I reckon we could at least double that, they might be tempted then. [emoji106]

£31 sounds awfully cheap.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hope he's never been on our radar - dire.
The club had a pen hovering over the loan contract when Everton tried a last minute multi million pound blind raise.

The fact that we ended with Akpom might make you reassess your statement.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here