Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Child of the 70's? What was your favourite....

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Tv prog: Tomorrow people and Star Trek
Sweets: Curly Wurly, hubba bubba, toffos
Drink: lipsmackinthirstquenchinacetastinmotivatingoodbuzzincooltalkinhighwalkingevergivingcoolfizzin Pepsi
Toy: yellow strips of plastic you had to clip together to make a track and roll cars down the stairs.
Bike: bike my dad and I did up that I found.
Trainers: bumper boots
Fashion: my sisters hand me down brown cord flairs
Car: Triumph dolomite
Music: the goodies, t rex and some weird song that went never smile at the crocodile

They were happy days. Felt like a simpler time. used to be in awe of people who had soda streams or portable tv in their room.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Tv marine boy, catweasle,itv wrestling ,stingray ,flashing blade ,here come the double deckers
Sweets ice breaker ,cidergold lollies ,funny feet ,
drink cresta its frothy man,topdeck shandy
bike had a chipper,then a chopper
Toys jonny astro ,rebound ,superstriker,spacehopper,slinky
music t rex sweet slade suzi quatro
what happy days

Always wondered what the words to only fools and horses were.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
They were happy days. Felt like a simpler time. used to be in awe of people who had soda streams.
This. We eventually got a cheaper "soda syphon" but it wasn't the same and didn't make coca cola...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, I also had many a session with our dentist in the 1970's who seemed determined to fill every tooth with black amalgam, didn't get nice looking teeth until quite recently.

Formula One and 500cc Grand Prix Motorcycling was brilliant in the 1970's, by the way, Barry Sheene and James Hunt, they don't make them like that any more!
Ugh, 70s dentists drills.....seemed to be powered by a hamster wheel, black belts trundling round as the drill made your whole head vibrate......

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ugh, 70s dentists drills.....seemed to be powered by a hamster wheel, black belts trundling round as the drill made your whole head vibrate......

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The worst thing about the dentist is you didn't have a choice. It was like walking to the electric chair. Mum said you are going to be drilled in the head whether you like it or not. I didn't enjoy those particular days!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Born in 66.......parents both worked long & hard for not much money.

Tv - Blue Peter, Newsround, Jim'll Fix It (I know, I know), Tomorrow's World, The Big Match, Match of the Day, World of Sport (wrestling)

Sweets - fruit salad, chewits, toffos, quarter of pear drops or similar in a paper bag

Drink - Shandy Bass

Toy - board games like Sorry, otherwise we were almost always outdoors, cricket in summer and football in winter, or games of 'kick the can'. When wet, Action Man.

Bike - a 'racer' (cheap, from the catalogue)

Shoes/fashion - whatever was cheap or what my mum would get from the catalogue on weekly payments

Car - a mini first up for me, about 20 years old. My old man had various old bangers, eventually got a golf which was luxurious (and about 5 years old)

Music - Maiden, ELO, Abba and pathological hatred of Bay City Rollers

:thumbsup:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I was a teenager in the 70s, reading this thread reminded me of my parents drinks cabinet. My mum had a bottle of some clear foreign spirit (no idea what it was, but it looked like water), I drank some and topped it up with water ... the contents went white .... my dad got the blame

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I was a teenager in the 70s, reading this thread reminded me of my parents drinks cabinet. My mum had a bottle of some clear foreign spirit (no idea what it was, but it looked like water), I drank some and topped it up with water ... the contents went white .... my dad got the blame

Ouzo?
Can you remember if it tasted of aniseed?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Pastis, maybe Pernod.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
this thread is giving me flash-backs

my friend's brother used to cut the ladies in underwear out of old catalogues and stick them in a scrapbook :eek:

remember finding a packet on cigarettes on a coach, 3 of us smoked the lot, I was so sick it put me off for life

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
this thread is giving me flash-backs

my friend's brother used to cut the ladies in underwear out of old catalogues and stick them in a scrapbook :eek:

remember finding a packet on cigarettes on a coach, 3 of us smoked the lot, I was so sick it put me off for life

That was similar to the beginning and end of my smoking habit. A few of us found a full pack of Woodbines when we at a scout camp when I was about 15. Smoked some of them, felt awful, never had one since.

Born 1968

TV:
Very young it was Finger Mouse, graduated to Tom and Jerry.

Sweets:
Woolworths Pick and Mix.

Toy:
No brainer, Action Man Scorpion Tank

Bike:
A mish mash of others put together by dad, always wanted a Chopper.

Shoes:
Whatever I was bought.

Fashion.
See above.

Car:
The two I remember most are the Ford Corsair and Morris Marina.

Music:
Mud, tiger feet,
Suzie Quarto, Down in Devil Gate Drive

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Making your own go kart.
Pram wheels, bits of wood and a bolt in the front axle to steer with a length of rope.
Take it down the woods for weeks of summer fun.

Oh and the menthol fags were Consulate.
Can't remember the name of the long thin ones though.

Were the long thin ones called More?

Jumpers for goal posts?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
yes, it did, but it was clear like water

Sambuca? It was the height of sophistication to add a couple of coffee beans, set light to it, then blow it out and drink it.

It was also the height of stupidity as I lost count of the amount of my parents friends who left it to flame too long and burnt their lips on the glass. Berks.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Sambuca? It was the height of sophistication to add a couple of coffee beans, set light to it, then blow it out and drink it.

It was also the height of stupidity as I lost count of the amount of my parents friends who left it to flame too long and burnt their lips on the glass. Berks.

yes I think that was it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here