Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest Rumour [Robert Snodgrass]

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We have those type players what we need is a game changer for when Knockhaert isnt prroducing it.

Snodgrass can score goals, and goals change games.

If you want a proven game changer in the premier league, it'll cost you £25m+

We won't spend that on one player, and even if we wanted to, there would be 5 or 10 clubs ahead of us in the queue.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Whilst I purport to know nothing of any wage cap/structure in place at the Albion anyone on here or anywhere claiming this player won't fit because of wages etc would be wise to re-evaluate the reality of where we now are and what we need to do to compete.

Do I expect us to pay a Defoe like £130k per week, probably not, but I fully expect two maybe three players to come in on £60-80k per week (£3.1-£4.1m a year.)

Where I expect the club to canny is to incentivise players to remain in the Prem and therefore hefty wage reductions of c25-40/50% if we get relegated.

Make no mistake we're very much aiming to be competitive across the board, this won't be done on the cheap.

You only have to look at the likes of Bournemouth and Watford's accounts to realise what that takes

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Snodgrass can score goals, and goals change games.

If you want a proven game changer in the premier league, it'll cost you £25m+

We won't spend that on one player, and even if we wanted to, there would be 5 or 10 clubs ahead of us in the queue.

Correct and there have been a few Norwich and Hull games in the Premiership which have been won 1-0 by a Snodgrass goal or a 1-1 draw where he has scored and when you are chasing only 40 points to survive then 6 or 7 points will be very valuable

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Correct and there have been a few Norwich and Hull games in the Premiership which have been won 1-0 by a Snodgrass goal or a 1-1 draw where he has scored and when you are chasing only 40 points to survive then 6 or 7 points will be very valuable

I can see where your coming from but surely £8m for a 29 year old with no clearly defined role in the side is a bit steep? I could see it if he was a certain starter and maybe at LM he would have a shot at that but the fee plus a no doubt considerable wage makes it a marginal signing for me at least.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think he'd be a great addition to the team, however would be surprised if he fits in to our wage structure.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I can see where your coming from but surely £8m for a 29 year old with no clearly defined role in the side is a bit steep? I could see it if he was a certain starter and maybe at LM he would have a shot at that but the fee plus a no doubt considerable wage makes it a marginal signing for me at least.

I don't see it as steep at all. He would be a starter 8 out of 10 games for me. You think that no clearly defined role is a disadvantage? He could play either wing or as a no.10. I'd say that was an advantage and made the 8m fee even more reasonable.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Key thing is, we haven't spent 30 odd years trying to get into PL to do things on cheap now we are there.... we are in big league and will have to pay big fees/wages to be competitive... again look at Bournmuff and Watford re spend last two seasons! Worth looking at Boro who failed dismally with scoring and were then relegated!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Why wouldn't he be a certain starter ?. Maybe he would and maybe he wouldn't.

Are you thinking Anthony Knockeart will be a certain starter in 38 premiership games next season ? I certainly wouldn't have thought so. There will be teams we will come up against where we will need to just absolutely pack the midfield and have backs to the wall defending for 90 minutes

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Its all about opinions and thankfully the one that matters is CH.

Agreed. I continually ask myself why has Ince has had so many clubs? Why has he been let go again? When I compare Snodgrass and Ince. Which one of them will fit in with the team ethic we have? Which one has had some proven time in the premier league? Which one has international experience? Which one has CH managed before? Snodgrass is the clear winner for me. Ince is a far bigger gamble than Snodgrass and arguably not as good a player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agreed. I continually ask myself why has Ince has had so many clubs? Why has he been let go again? When I compare Snodgrass and Ince. Which one of them will fit in with the team ethic we have? Which one has had some proven time in the premier league? Which one has international experience? Which one has CH managed before? Snodgrass is the clear winner for me. Ince is a far bigger gamble than Snodgrass and arguably not as good a player.

I think that Snodgrass is more predictable and that Ince offers the unexpected which we may need next season.

I like this rumour:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ton-pursue-Arsenal-target-Henry-Onyekuru.html

From the article:

'We helped bring Dimitri Payet to West Ham and firmly believe that Henry is on another planet even to Dimitri.

'We brought Jordan Ayew to Aston Villa and his brother Andre to Swansea, both were sold for big profits but I don't think they could lace this kid's boots, he's that good.'

'Eupen have bids from Anderlecht and Club Brugge while the exhaustive list of clubs to have made other offers includes Arsenal, Red Bull Leipzig, Schalke, Borussia Dortmund, Monchengladbach, Lyon, Lille, Monaco, Nice, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Fiorentina and Roma.'

It's in the bag.

Like the sound of this lad. I'd take him and Snodgrass. Experience and youth.

Snodgrss would have no resale value, his recent form after his injury in a reasonable side has been poor. I think we're better off mining Europe for talent, like Gross and Hunemeier before him. There's plenty of players who fancy a shot in the Prem and plenty of clubs that would not want to hold those players back. Retaining Sidwell gives the squad the Prem nous we need, it's now time to bring in some legs.

The problem with that, is they have no premier league experience, and too many new faces without experience could upset the balance and camaraderie in the team. Snodgrass will be similar to adding Sidwell. He is proven and professional. I would still like to see some overseas players coming in, but not too many.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
On his day he is an excellent player. I'll give him that. Those days need to be more regular for me to want him at Brighton.

It's not all about what Snoddy gives you going forward but defensively he is superb too and he is strong and combative in midfield. He blocks off passing angles for the opposition very well and never stops running. Has great engine. Look at the league appearances he had under CH at Norwich as shown in my first post on this thread. He is not as gifted and eye catching as many other players but during the course of 90 minutes he contributes so much and has many different attributes to his game.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
It's not all about what Snoddy gives you going forward but defensively he is superb too and he is strong and combative in midfield. He blocks off passing angles for the opposition very well and never stops running. Has great engine. Look at the league appearances he had under CH at Norwich as shown in my first post on this thread. He is not as gifted and eye catching as many other players but during the course of 90 minutes he contributes so much and has many different attributes to his game.

I agree, My comment was about Ince. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here