Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxi for Cairney

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not many of our lot were at their best last night, including Cairney and Sessignon - the two most tipped to leave. I think it was deliberate ploy to keep them at the club ready for next season when we (ahem) win the Championship. At last our central defence (Reeeeeaaaam) is getting a bit more solid, but we need a proper striker so Aluko doesn't need to launch the ball into Row Z at every opportunity.

You're going to get picked apart, as we would have. I don't say that with any menace, would have liked your lot to come up, not least because it's a fantastic away day. At least you will be able to get large fees for a couple of them.

When do your parachutes end?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is Cairney a step up from what we have?. If not, why even bother.

I think he might be. Certainly a step up from Norwood and has the potential to be our best central midfielder.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A bit like much of our last three games this season.

A great way to judge a player's / team's qualitites... :rolleyes:

Oh I know. As has been pointed out, a very poor sample. He's been excellent all season from open play and set pieces. As long as Fulham aren't asking ridiculous amounts for him he'd fit in nicely.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why choose the Albion when others will pay fan more?

He was too high profile, an obvious choice, for PL clubs who only had to do their scouting in this country.

The Albion will be more clever with their recruiting, I hope.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here