Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you think that racism was not in any way a motivational factor for some leavers, you are more deluded than I previously believed.

The numbers we are talking about though are so minutely small they are insignificant and irrelevant to the overall picture, in the same way anti Semite racists who voted Remain are so low in number they dont warrant our attention either.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
As I have stated already, unless you are doing very high level manufacture there is no point in trying to compete with China etc.

James Dyson has been responsible for a huge amount of job generation
in the UK and also tax revenues.

I think we've established that it's at most 2500 and of those they are not all high paying R&D jobs.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
That's fine we all know what you are. x

It's ironic how many remainers are happy to label anyone who voted out as a bit ignorant or stupid, yet still don't understand that the UK leaving the EU doesn't mean we have left Europe or no longer a part of Europe :ffsparr:

We can still all be friends...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The numbers we are talking about though are so minutely small they are insignificant and irrelevant to the overall picture, in the same way anti Semite racists who voted Remain are so low in number they dont warrant our attention either.

Well, I agree with the second part of your sentence.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So why the OP?

Makes a thread about a depressing day and posts German beer in the first post. Like the UK leaving the EU has some kind of relevence to it?

The OP was simply celebrating things that are great about Europe. No where does he state that these things will be denied to us after the clusterfvck.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The OP was simply celebrating things that are great about Europe. No where does he state that these things will be denied to us after the clusterfvck.

Now you need to get over yourself! The inference was that we would 'miss' access to Europe. In a personal travel sense that isn't going to happen is it?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This thread started off as just a nice little thread about thinking about things we like that are European.

It didn't carry the bye-line "and that we won't be able to get hold of anymore". I know full well that i will still be able to buy croissants and roquefort.

Trying to be objective, it does seem to be the Brexiters who turned it nasty. Remainers rose to it, admittedly, but.........
Fully endorse the first part of your post. But - also trying to be objective - I think you'll find the abusive stuff started on page 2 (posts 25 to 50) and that was definitely from the remain side!

For me, I like French bread (but not brioche) and Italian wine. Not too keen on most of the cheese, to be honest.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

No he is mixing todays leaving of the EU with a best things about Europe in order to try and make a correlation between the two. Don't play dumb! ???

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No he is mixing todays leaving thethe EU with a best things about Europe in order to try and make a correlation between the two. Don't play dumb! ???

Article 50 has been signed. It is a sad day for all of us who believe that this is a bad thing for the UK.

This thread was clearly supposed to be a light-hearted celebration of all the things that we like about Europe.

You surely cannot believe that anyone has contributed to it because they believe that these things are now consigned to history?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Article 50 has been signed. It is a sad day for all of us who believe that this is a bad thing for the UK.

This thread was clearly supposed to be a light-hearted celebration of all the things that we like about Europe.

You surely cannot believe that anyone has contributed to it because they believe that these things are now consigned to history?

Yep, fully fledged convert you are. Squirming and ducking and using argumentative rubbish to avoid the truth. The Inference of the OP's contribution is clear. You come across as confused.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

I have my reservations, especially when it comes to our current establishment who are implementing it. Ideally all European countries will follow the same path and go back to becoming their own identities again( having their own currencies back would be a good start). The current EU has been exploited and manipulated far beyond it's original intentions and doomed to fail over the next 5-10 years (if that)

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Ecstatic to be coming out at long last.:clap::banana::O
Will the remoaners give their big mouth's a rest for once. all this constant whining is becoming a bit cringeworthy now.
Zip your mouth's up and accept democracy otherwise F off to a place better suited where democracy doesn't exist. i.e. the EU. .

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yep, fully fledged convert you are. Squirming and ducking and using argumentative rubbish to avoid the truth. The Inference of the OP's contribution is clear. You come across as confused.

Convert to what? I am consistent in my position.

And I agree that the inference from the OP was clear. But I don;t agree with you as to what that inference is. [MENTION=47]Tooting Gull[/MENTION]?

I may seem confused to you. You come across as a bit thick.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Pogue carry on with digging, the hole gets bigger.

Edit: actually I have made my point so have a good evening.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here