Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Also saw Tim Loughton (East Worthing MP) on TV yesterday clearly totally pished-off with Southern - as a fellow Tory he should be on the case with Perry surely?

They're cheesed off with the service and the chaos, but he, Nicholas Soames, Jeremy Quin et al are firmly blaming the unions.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are we sure this isn't already in place? I am sure there should be a London service from West Worthing every 30 mins, but National Rail showed an 11.31 (cancelled) and then the next service at 12.31 !

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Didn't Cameron at last weeks PMQ mention improved compensation. So new timetable removing loads of trains to avoid paying. Brilliant

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
BBC at lunch time said there would be no Brighton to Southampton service and reduced frequency Brighton to Seaford.

Better not be. [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION]

I have a work do in Southampton on Thursday!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jul 7, 2003
Are we sure this isn't already in place? I am sure there should be a London service from West Worthing every 30 mins, but National Rail showed an 11.31 (cancelled) and then the next service at 12.31 !

Noticed this changed recently when I tried to get that same train. It appears that the other service no longer stops at West Worthing so you have to go to Worthing, Assume it must have changed when the summer timetable came in but was not highlighted. With the fast train from Portsmouth also not stopping at West Worthing it leaves quite a big gap in services now. Still, no services means that you don't need those pesky station staff so more savings.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Noticed this changed recently when I tried to get that same train. It appears that the other service no longer stops at West Worthing so you have to go to Worthing, Assume it must have changed when the summer timetable came in but was not highlighted. With the fast train from Portsmouth also not stopping at West Worthing it leaves quite a big gap in services now. Still, no services means that you don't need those pesky station staff so more savings.

Interestingly I tweeted Southern and they said it was cancelled, staff shortages etc.
I asked why it wasn't even showing as cancelled on the boards or national rail and they said they had to manually cancel it due to a problem? Apparently I can delay repay it

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
So GTR and the RMT are up in front of the Parliamentary Select Committee for transport. Just hope Mick Cash doesn't get their backs up by using hyperbolic language. I'm massively on his side, but he needs to dial it in a bit.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Interestingly I tweeted Southern and they said it was cancelled, staff shortages etc.
I asked why it wasn't even showing as cancelled on the boards or national rail and they said they had to manually cancel it due to a problem? Apparently I can delay repay it

If they cancel the train the day before they have stopped showing them. Like they never existed. That way they don't have too many blue bars on their screen showing cancelled trains.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Ooh, this is like waiting for the fixtures to come out.

06 Aug 15.00 - Derby (a) - CANCELLED
13 Aug 15.00 - Nottingham Forest (h) - DUE TO LEAVE 12 Aug 19.45

etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here