Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross Cruyff turn

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I would’ve thought it would be in his dossier for opposition teams, but they still get done by it.

There were times when I knew exactly when he was gonna do it, it’s so obvious, but it’s just so effective.

I was thinking this too, then it occurred to me the other thing in his dossier is probably DO NOT LET HIM CROSS!!! (double underlined). Think that it probably helps him that opposition defenders get so close because of that and his lack of pace, so it plays right in to the hands of his slow mo Cruyff turn.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
What an outrageous signing. I hope the recruitment team are paid what they’re worth! Has to be worth £25-30m now.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
We should only sell to top six. No point selling to rivals what ever they offer imo.

I would guess a lot more money as transfer fee and wages, European football, prestige, lucrative image rights...

We have to be realistic, if a top side wanted him he’d be gone - but we’d get a bloody amazing fee

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
What's incredible about the Gross turn is how he does it without any sudden speed to the turn. It does seem his turn takes forever but yet still eludes everyone, every time.

A man of the Matrix breed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A couple of weeks ago he did one in front of the East Stand.
The ambled over to the West Stand and did another 2 minutes later.

Anyone would think he was just making his way around the ground, showing everybody.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Bloody show off. :rolleyes:

gross1abac8251b146839e.gif
gross-2_2.gif

gross3_3.gif
gross4.gif

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Superb, but according to BT commentators we signed Christian Gross (explains the bargain few)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
the Gross turn is more effective than blistering pace.
It creates a yard of space exactly when he needs it, without losing any control.

I don't think any of the top 6 will be after him necessarily, but I think we would be wise to look at an improved contract for him next season.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I heard it mentioned twice now from 2 different neutral commentators after drooling over his stats that he must be 'the bargin of the season'.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Teddy Sheringham was slower .... and not as good.
but still pretty good.
A joy

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
He makes very good defenders look very bang average , wonderful player .

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I heard it mentioned twice now from 2 different neutral commentators after drooling over his stats that he must be 'the bargin of the season'.

I think that's pretty much a done deal now, esp in Podcast-land.

In fairness to many 'pundits', esp Luke Moore from Ramble and the female Dutch expert on Football Weekly, they were onto Gross before we were.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here