Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BT sport is a joke

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ok so pay silly money.

Personally I'll put up with buffering etc because it's FREEEEE.

Sometimes the picture is excellent.No buffering or anything.Other times it's not.The only way to guarantee a perfect picture
is to subscribe or go down the pub.

Everton stream at the weekend was (sadly) perfect......

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Not sure what you expect. Charge you a fiver so you can watch the game you want?? Is that why they pay billions for the right to games?

Yet with Sky, you can do almost exactly that :wrong:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Reddit soccer streams.Get a lead so you can plug your laptop or tab into your TV and watch it on there.
It won't be perfect but it's free.

Ask somebody who has BT for their log in details to watch via laptop. It will pick up a good stream especially if it is one to the USA or Bein Sports. I have my sons log in for BT but will probably use a stream

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Yes, NOW tv charge £6.99 for 24 hours of Sky sports. Hopefully BT will be included someday.

Yes indeed, I am subscribed to BT Sports which offers quite a lot of footie, especially the Champions League, which I am not that bothered about but also a guaranteed Premier League match every Saturday at 17.30.

No reason to my mind why BT cannot offer similar to Now TV (SKY) which I use as it suits me.

I seem to recollect that SKY and BT were getting together to front against things like, excuse me for being imprecise, but was it Facebook, Fox and similar who were supposedly going to be bidding for one/some of the Premier League packages.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Do you have a friend / family member who has BT Sports?

If so, they are entitled to watch it from a few different devices away from their house.

All you need is their sign in details and jobs a goodun' (allegedly)

Hope this helps
I do that with my brothers Netflix, cheeky eh [emoji846]

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Do wish broadcasters would get with the times and be more flexible in offering just certain matches for low fees. They'd get more money if say they were to charge £5 for 1 match as a lot of people that go to streams would take the legit option if it was cheap and easy. Lots of people no longer download torrents as Netflix & Amazon means you don't have to any more. Sports needs to go the same way.

It's only BT Sports who don't.

I'm not sure they would make more money - they've probably worked their maths out.

Since BT don't have the better package they've probably analysed that if people pick and choose the revenue would be down.

I have NOWTV, pay monthly for the footy then cancel at the end of the season.

Brilliant but I do worry about pay per view and it's effect on the league. Realistically the most revenue will be gained from the top 6 clubs.

If (for instance) Manchester United are getting the most per game sales it will give them more ammunition to say we will do it ourselves.

I saw some statistic ( a bit out of date now ) that if Manchester United offered globally their games as pay per view, within a few games the profit would actually outweigh the share they get from Sky over a season.

If you completely keep it in house like that, it will also become technically easier in the future to stop piracy.

The flip side being that Brighton would possibly get less over a whole season than they got in the Championship in collective TV money.

Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's only BT Sports who don't.

I'm not sure they would make more money - they've probably worked their maths out.

Since BT don't have the better package they've probably analysed that if people pick and choose the revenue would be down.

I have NOWTV, pay monthly for the footy then cancel at the end of the season.

Brilliant but I do worry about pay per view and it's effect on the league. Realistically the most revenue will be gained from the top 6 clubs.

If (for instance) Manchester United are getting the biggest viewing figures it will give them more ammunition to say we will do it ourselves.

I saw some statistic ( a bit out of date now ) that if Manchester United offered globally their games as pay per view, within a few games the revenue would actually outweigh what the share they get from Sky.

The flip side being that Brighton would possibly get less over a whole season than they got in the Championship in collective TV money.

Be careful what you wish for.

As our BT Sport game is live on Saturday, with an afternoon kick off at 1945 ???
I feel for all the fans returning from the norf, eventually returning home late.
Bloody tv moving the game again!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you have an amazon fire stick Download RedBox TV !

I have a firestick, please explain further and provide an idiotproof 'how to' guide.

Ta muchly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Google treats me like a sentient human being.
NSC treats me like a sub-human blob.

In matters of technology NSC is correct.

My school of 2000 pupils had 1 (one) of these computers:-

_72011145_72011142.jpg

I didn't understand it then and to this day it's still more technically advanced than I am. :facepalm:

I'll try and sort it out, solo, but I suggest you put all emergency services on standby.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here