Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3-5-2!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Saying on Australian TV that knockeart got in his car and left when he heard he wasn't in the team.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Saying on Australian TV that knockeart got in his car and left when he heard he wasn't in the team.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

To be fair I don't get why he's not on the bench.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
It isn't a 3-5-2, it looks more like a 5-2-2-1 with Gross and March as no. 10's and with the "wing backs" inevitably being pressed and nullified for large portions of the game. Main point of discussion has to be Knockaert though, what is going on with him?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It isn't a 3-5-2, it looks more like a 5-2-2-1 with Gross and March as no. 10's and with the "wing backs" inevitably being pressed and nullified for large portions of the game. Main point of discussion has to be Knockaert though, what is going on with him?

Sorry mate, I don't mean to pick on you, but ffs, we have been crying for 3-5-2 and we finally get it and some of you still won't take it. What the f'uck? What don't you get?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Sorry mate, I don't mean to pick on you, but ffs, we have been crying for 3-5-2 and we finally get it and some of you still won't take it. What the f'uck? What don't you get?
5-2-2-1 is exactly what it is. Got nothing to do with being 'optimistic'. Suttner is not a winger. End of.

If izquiedo and Knockheart were on, and there were two strikers, you'd have a point. But there aren't. So you don't.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017

No need to get so volatile about it, just stating what I see and I'm being attacked for it. Probably shouldn't expect any different from a football forum but nonetheless I don't appreciate it.
I would happily take a 3-5-2 so long as it's being used positively, this looks anything but however in my humble opinion.
Hughton's made a bold decision in trying to go parallel with Chelsea, and it could work, I'm just pointing out that we're likely to be on the back foot for much of the game which negates any benefits a 3-5-2 has with regards attacking and pressing. Should Schelotto and Suttner be marked out of the game, we'd be starved of supply in wide areas with the formation quickly turning into more of a 5 back, and seeing as we are a unit that relies heavily on the supply from our wide players (which we haven't been getting of late), this could be an accident waiting to happen with us being so narrow in this set up, but we will just have to wait and see.
Shape wise, it doesn't look like a 3-5-2 as Hemed is not alongside a recognised striker or even a shadow striker from the looks of where Gross will be playing. March and Gross look like CAMs or at a stretch, wingers in this lineup. Unless Gross is dropping back into the midfield three and we're playing March as a striker, it can't be a 3-5-2 when we're attacking, it has to be more along the lines of a 3-4-2-1 at best with the two number 10's being considerably far apart from the striker. Wouldn't say we've been crying out for a three man defence, it of course provides you with more bodies centrally and could help with the corner defending problem. If anything we've been crying out for a 4-4-2 (this is what I see people suggesting usually) in light of our impotence going forward, and just for Hughton to work his magic in making these players more disciplined from set pieces.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Oh, and what would you know. The plan has gone straight out of the window from the fourth minute. What now, then?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
So glad he ‘listened’ to you guys.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here