Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is London now too dangerous a place to live?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There's rough areas in every town/city, the op is correct though with gang violence being higher nowadays.
I'd never live in London though as it's too effing busy, stayed in Peckham few weeks ago when I went to see guns n roses/stone roses, walking back to our hotel in the early hours I felt like we were in a ghetto! Prime targets to get mugged but nothing happened..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
j

Have you been to effing Wimbledon lately, you'd be balls deep in trouble :wink:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
According to the local residents it's on a par with South Centra LA!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1540..._too_scared_to_go_out_at_night/?ref=mrb&lp=15

I should have put that link in with my original post as that's what prompted me to say Peacehaven in the first place, rather than, say, the hellhole that is Newhaven. All places can be 'bad' if all you look at is negative stories, which is what the OP did.

I live there (well, Telscombe Cliffs "- actually") but I've never been to South Central LA so can't comment ;)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Central London must be one of the safest capital cities in the world. The suburbs a bit more variable, but still better than the suburbs of most big cities I would say.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I live there (well, Telscombe Cliffs "- actually") but I've never been to South Central LA so can't comment ;)

I've had the misfortune to have been to both. Can confirm that Peacehaven is indeed pretty much on a par with South Central Little 'Ampton. Scream for a policeman? Thought I'd never stop :eek:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Last night I watched Ross Kemp's Extreme World as he followed race hate inciters around Dallas - in Texas people are allowed to openly carry the guns they own, and when the white supremacists came up against the police and anti-Nazi League things got a bit tasty. Guns have f**ked that country big time.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
London has a population similar to a small country, say Austria. if you read about similar level of crime occurring in Austria would you consider that is a dangerous place?

Austria is dangerous.

The run-ins between Der Strudel Gang and Das Kuchen Gruppe have left no part of that country unaffected.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
And what has that got to do with safety, and anyway a newsagent near Brighton station tried to charge me 85p for me green Rizlas, so don't talk to me about expensive.
Nothing....I'm saying it's too expensive to live there

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
With the increasing acid attacks and general gang violence happening on a seemingly regular basis in London, is it now too dangerous a city to live in ?

would anyone living in Sussex risk moving to London ? Or am I overreacting ?
No
Yes
No

Can I take it you haven't travelled much? London unsafe? Any idea what % of the 8+ million inhabitants have been attacked with acid?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
That was because it was Peckham.

Always liked Peckham. Lived there 80-84 (student squat) and 93-2002 (double fronted Georgian House). Changed a lot between those dates but now even more so and the place to be. Unethical ethnic cleansing, demolition, new builds, Georgian and Victorian housing.
Prefer Hove though.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Oh the heart yearns for the days when Londoners could leave their doors open all day long, safe in the knowledge that if they went to Ronnie and Reggie and mentioned they had been burgled, the twins would find out who dunnit and have a quiet word in their shell-like. That was the end of the matter. A good bit of solid, community, self-policing. No acid attacks, no muggings. Everything sorted quickly and quietly.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No it isn't but ..

UK terror plot thwarted within minutes of execution, Met chief reveals

Speaking on Nick Ferrari's show on LBC on Friday, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick said a "very large number of plots" have been foiled over the last few years.

Pressed on exactly how many attacks have been thwarted, she said that in "just the last few weeks", five have been averted.

"Overall I think it is well into the teens in the last couple of years, where we know people were intent on attacking and that has been stopped," she said.

"In addition, hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of arrests of people who are radicalised, and are either spreading hatred or supporting terrorism, or want to carry out a terrorist attack."

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
My view is that some of the rougher parts of London are starting to become quite dangerous at night with a small number of young uneducated youths mainly although not exclusively from certain ethnic backgrounds behaving like animals.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My view is that some of the rougher parts of London are starting to become quite dangerous at night with a small number of young uneducated youths mainly although not exclusively from certain ethnic backgrounds behaving like animals.
Sorry I'd had a few beers.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My mother was an RAF Ambulance driver in London between 1939 to 1944. She couldnt even comprehend this thread when I explained it to her :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here