Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Finally May has stood up to the EU.

She hasn't though - like Mansion House, Florence, Mansion House 2.0 - it's just hot air with zero substance playing to the crowd, in this case people such as yourself and others amongst the flurry of activity on the thread this afternoon who were also impressed by her. She's just trying to save her skin and look tough with the Tory Party conference coming up. I doubt anyone in The EU batted an eyelid today.

My reaction to her today is summed up by Ricky Gervais:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The ball is well and truly in our court. May is really putting their own Brexit in jeopardy. She knows how the EU works but still thinks 2+ years on she can still cherry pick. The EU won't back down, they have the interests of 27 countries to protect and if I was one of them I'd be pretty pleased the job being done to protect interests. The Hungarian fascists like us though

Imagine if the French were behaving like us if they were leaving, I think we'd be saying... "fox trot oscar..."

What do you mean 'if'? You and your fellow travellers on this thread have always been #teameu to the core. Applauding them for prioritising protecting the EU project above individual european citizens prosperity and security is truly shameful .... but entirely predictable.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well, let's have a little look at the conversation and see where it was deflected

(I've given you a little hint). I even congratulated you on your deflectionary tactic :lolol:

Nothing found in that conversation then, what a waste of time on your part.
Have another go.Where did I introduce 'The European Union (Withdrawal) Act' into the conversation .One simple post will suffice.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As Macron so rightly said, the 2016 campaign was founded on lies -about money for the NHS, Turkey, they need us more than we need them. It's impossible to accept such a life changkng outcome from such a farce.of a campaign.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
President of France with record low domestic approval ratings rubbishes the UK shock ... nice to see his views are supported by some in the UK though :shootself

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
President of France with record low domestic approval ratings rubbishes the UK shock ... nice to see his views are supported by some in the UK though :shootself

Ah yes. Avid-supporter-of-most-degrading-national-farce-to-stain-Britain-since-before-Suez-claims-that-he-and-his-kind-are-the-only-true-patriots-shock.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah yes. Avid undemocratic loon.. Macron fanboy/future of Europe shows his true colours once more.

Okay. You don’t like Macron. But which bit of his Brexit assessment was incorrect?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
In other news those many remainers fretting about a looming no deal, Armageddon should pm [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] or [MENTION=23343]Baldseagull[/MENTION] who will tell you to stop being so stupid as they always knew the future ... and can personally guarantee no deal is not going to happen :D

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
A total farce. Macron having to set the record straight and the UK PM getting talked down to by the Irish leader.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

You clearly have little knowledge of French politics in recent years. Macron is still way more popular than recent French leaders

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
In other news those many remainers fretting about a looming no deal, Armageddon should pm [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] or [MENTION=23343]Baldseagull[/MENTION] who will tell you to stop being so stupid as they always knew the future ... and can personally guarantee no deal is not going to happen :D

You seem to have left out this third person who doesn't think it would happen :facepalm:

Once again you seem to be assuming because the UK or the EU wouldn't be ready it couldn't possibly happen. Hypothetically speaking I would expect Emergency measures continuing the current arrangments with a transition period until both sides can adjust to the new reality.

So, in the event of 'no deal' the extension of EU membership that you suggest would be an 'Emergency' extension and therefore not an extension at all but a 'no deal'.

One where we wouldn't implement WTO rules and tariffs immediately but continue to pay the EU while we put in an Irish border, border posts, lorry parks at all the ports, customs points at all ports and airports, design and build IT and manual systems to manage WTO rules and tariffs and then train up all the staff required ?

You seem to be very clear about this ???

Are you making a late bid for most stupid post on this thread, because I think even you may have trouble catching Two Profs on that one :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here