Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gus Poyet in “throws toys out of the pram” SHOCKER

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
...acting like the bloke that pulled a worldy when he was 18 and thought that was how life was so dumped her to pull another one, only to find that didn't last because he ins't all that after all. A spiral of new lovers come and go, each one slightly less good than the last, leaving him a sad old bachelor in his mid 50s thinking what might have been.

HOW RUDE. I'll have you know I'm not even 40 yet!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, but using 18 in the analogy renders it pointless.

Mmmmmm.....its an ......analogy, not a biography.....

I'd say the '18' is superfluous rather than pointless, albeit it could be taken as symbolic of 'the start of his managerial career' :rolleyes:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The reason that he still gets talked about on here is that he is very entertaining, both on and off the pitch

And even more so when he's someone else's manager

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was so pissed off with his last few months here and am not a fan of his shenanigans but in this case he does have a point imo. His best players are being sold and no replacements are coming in. It sounds like a very different scenario to what happened here and I find myself sympathising with him :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't understand a word.. but you can tell he's angry. :D

It's also being reported on Twitter that the Bordeaux players are refusing to train after Gus's sacking today.

[tweet]1030199717530099712[/tweet]

He has remarkable language skills. He can speak Spanish, English, Italian and French fluently.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I met Gus the day he was appointed and I strongly believed he knew he stuff and had the ability to get us promoted to the Premier League. He made some significant changes behind the scenes and Bloom trusted him to help transform the club, then he upset Paul Barber who knew there were other young, enthusiastic and decent managers they could sign as a replacement.

Gus has since discovered that plenty of Chairman wish to run their clubs and although he is a valued part he isn't a vital part.

We may still have made it to the Premier League without ever having Gus but we wouldn't be anywhere near it without Bloom

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
And he's been sacked.

Followed by the team refusing to train after they had the news broken to them.

el punal

I'm sorry, but would we be where we are without him?
He was just one small cog in a big wheel, but none-the-less, a very important piece that TB put together.
Yes he lost the plot etc at the end, but for a few good seasons he was up there with all our other heroes.

Right man for the right time, and that time ended around April/May 2013.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I still love Gus. Always will. The Gus years were brilliant. The football we played in League One under his helm was incredible.

If it wasn't for his temperamental attitude, he would be a top manager.
You count those brilliant games and you won't get past 10.People will member the Charlton game but forget the many dull games!!...The football was dull and negative a lot of the time...Thats more than the positives by a country mile
He had his moments but he was a parasite with no plan b and a stubborn ****.

Never liked him !!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I still love Gus. Always will. The Gus years were brilliant. The football we played in League One under his helm was incredible.

If it wasn't for his temperamental attitude, he would be a top manager.
This!
He revolutionised the way the team played football.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Tarrico presumably will resign and Charlie Oatway might be getting a job again soon.
I think even if Gus bought a club and appointed himself manager, he would still fall out with the owner eventually.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You count those brilliant games and you won't get past 10.People will member the Charlton game but forget the many dull games!!...The football was dull and negative a lot of the time...Thats more than the positives by a country mile
He had his moments but he was a parasite with no plan b and a stubborn ****.

Never liked him !!

We know you don't support the Albion, but I'll bite. Without trying too hard...

Southampton away
Charlton away
Peterborough away
Leyton Orient at home
The EIGHT wins in a row in one month
Dagenham & Redbridge at home
Walsall away
Doncaster at home
Southampton at home
Blackpool at home
Palace at home
Wolves at home

And those are the ones you can file under 'brilliant days'. Several more under 'really good days'.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton fans getting all outraged at the behaviour of a previously highly successful manager that set us on the way to where we are now shocker. Who also hasnt been at the club for around 4 years now.

Sometimes you guys amaze me.

I don't see anyone getting "outraged", I just see people commenting on a football message board about our ex-manager's latest antics, and these antics ARE worthy of comment because he keeps repeating the same mistakes across the globe, whichever club he happens to be at.

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Southampton away
Charlton away
Peterborough away
Leyton Orient at home
Walsall away
Doncaster at home
Southampton at home
Blackpool at home
Palace at home
Wolves at home

And those are the ones you can file under 'brilliant days'. Several more under 'really good days'.

This. This. This. This.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was so pissed off with his last few months here and am not a fan of his shenanigans but in this case he does have a point imo. His best players are being sold and no replacements are coming in. It sounds like a very different scenario to what happened here and I find myself sympathising with him :shrug:

And I am informed that my take was excessively harsh. I accept that there may well be vast amounts of information about which most of us have little or no insight.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough

Southampton away
Charlton away
Peterborough away
Leyton Orient at home
Walsall away
Doncaster at home
Southampton at home
Blackpool at home
Palace at home
Wolves at home

I stood on the terraces at Peterborough for that game, and the chap next to me turned to me and said "are we dreaming?". Remember, we were top and Peterborough second, so it should have been a close game. Not even close. We hit the post twice and missed a penalty, and if we had won 6-0 it would not have been flattering. I remember smiling and having a warm feeling. After all the bad years, Gus did great things for us, and that cannot be erased.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here