Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Delaney

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Even though I fancy we can match the 15 mill Euros asking price wages will be an issue. It depends what he wants more - to play in the Champions League or to play in the Prem.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Even though I fancy we can match the 15 mill Euros asking price wages will be an issue. It depends what he wants more - to play in the Champions League or to play in the Prem.

I get the impression from what I’ve read he wants both !

But I’d expect if he had the choice the Prem is what he wants more.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Dortmund are not certain to qualify for next seasons Champions league. Lose against Hoffenhiem this weekend and they may not make one of the top four spots.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He wants to play in England . The last time I looked Dortmund aren’t in the Premier League

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That website doesn’t look the most believable site and the article is based on ‘according to reports’ - don’t rule us out yet.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
All over Kicker this morning

Nothing new or concrete in that piece

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/723579/artikel_delaney-ein-kandidat-in-dortmund.html

Delaney a candidate in Dortmund

Thomas Delaney has been noticeably overcast in recent weeks and months with regard to his personal future. A change in the Premier League emerged, but now there is apparently a competitor from the Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund has thrown his hat in the ring.

According to kicker information, a lively interest of the Dortmund is guaranteed to Delaney, but so far no offer has been made. Also, there are no concrete figures. One thing is clear: BVB is looking for a six-player, which emphasizes the fighting element more than the current players do it with the black and yellow. Delaney would therefore fit into the requirements profile, but it should not be an easy task to lure the Danes to BVB. Because: Several cash-rich clubs from England already offer. The transfer of the Danes is estimated at 15 to 20 million euros.

The 26-year-old had repeatedly indicated that the time had come for him to switch to the English Premier League. He averted a commitment to Werder, he said after the 0-0 draw against Leverkusen, that it was "a fine line," between being honest and expressing his opinion - and to be disrespectful to the club, where under Contract stands ".It is clear: Bremen has the last word. His contract runs until 30 June 2021 and there is no exit clause. However, it is no secret that the SVW would not put any obstacles in his way, provided that the transfer is correct. "It will always be part of the game that we sell players at the right time", manager Frank Baumann explained at the beginning of April. "But we have the magazine in Thomas's hands." A decision should be made before the start of the World Cup in Russia, where he will participate with Denmark.Delaney came from FC Copenhagen to the Weser in January 2017 and quickly became a top performer at SV Werder. 44 league games, seven goals and six assists stand for him so far. In the current season he was undisputed under coach Florian Kohfeldt regular, ran 31 times in the Bundesliga (three goals, five assists, kicker note average: 3.47).

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Further update:

Brighton-target Thomas Delaney wants to go to the Premier League, with Werder Bremen's Klaus Filbry telling the DeichStube: "Thomas would like to go to England. He said that he wants to fulfill the dream of the Premier League. But it does not have to be this summer."

The bidding war will begin...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Much as I agree we should try to complete deals early, let's be honest, we tend not to do so...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

This is the one i really want. We need a proven quality player that stands out from the rest. Even if it means spending 20 million. Midfield is such a key area.

So far delighted with our two signings and not much money spent. Hopefully both will prove to be good signings.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here