Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bluebell Railway

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I think we all know the sort of responses you'd get.....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we all know the sort of responses you'd get.....

Yep. It's the easiest way to get total w8nkers coming out of the woodwork to demonstrate what they laughingly believe to be their superior sophistication and wit (of which 'Choo choo' and 'Puff puff' are the apogee). A bit like shooting fish in a barrel really...................

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Haven't tried the Bluebell Railway. Took a look this week to see if it might suit 3 yr old grandson Earle, but prices looked a bit prohibitive for two adults and a littley unless I misread them.

Confess I still have my boxed Hornby Dublo Golden Fleece steam engine and half boxed (no lid) Co-Co diesel from my long lost childhood in the sixties.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Haven't tried the Bluebell Railway. Took a look this week to see if it might suit 3 yr old grandson Earle, but prices looked a bit prohibitive for two adults and a littley unless I misread them.

It is a bit pricey this week, because they've got this Deltic-preservation-society event on.
I knkw I'm biased, but would recommend you take a look another time, when prices and crowds will be lower, even during the week if you can.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Confess I still have my boxed Hornby Dublo Golden Fleece steam engine and half boxed (no lid) Co-Co diesel from my long lost childhood in the sixties.

It is a bit pricey this week, because they've got this Deltic-preservation-society event on.
I knkw I'm biased, but would recommend you take a look another time, when prices and crowds will be lower, even during the week if you can.

Thanks Barry, useful to know. I'll keep an eye out for a weekday some time when I can take a day off work.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Does it run in winter months?

Haven't been there since my daughter's your grandsons age (now stroppy teenagers) but we did enjoy the Eastbourne Miniature Railway park.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Does it run in winter months?

The Bluebell is open all year round, and unlike many Heritage Lines, has steam trains running seven days a week.
There are some odd days when its closed, like next Wednesday, when there is a film crew there, so its wise to check the website.

They also have a much reduced service in January or February (can't remember which) when they do maintenance to the line.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I know that there are a large number of supporters of our local heritage line on NSC
In this link there is a brilliant video of the track replacement programme they are working on.
Its a really detailed and interesting video that shows much more than you would expect on how they replace rails.
Well worth twenty minutes of your time if you are interested. And a donate option too....

https://mydonate.bt.com/events/traction/447871

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know that there are a large number of supporters of our local heritage line on NSC
In this link there is a brilliant video of the track replacement programme they are working on.
Its a really detailed and interesting video that shows much more than you would expect on how they replace rails.
Well worth twenty minutes of your time if you are interested. And a donate option too....

That was magnificent and great to see a previous manager of mine from many years back in BR was one of the presenters

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

East Grinstead born and raised and a 'Friend of Kingscote'.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Hope you get a better view than these guys!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here