Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale in the bottom 3

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
From what we learned in the summer I would hazard a guess that what league he's in comes 2nd to how much money he's earning. I'm sure he won't be losing sleep about that or this thread, unless of course he's staying up to tweet about it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This is a classic example of a thread that should not be bumped.

Au contraire, it shows what a dick the OP really is.

Birmingham in the bottom three - hilarious
Stockdale in the bottom three - not hilarious

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Au contraire, it shows what a dick the OP really is.

Birmingham in the bottom three - hilarious
Stockdale in the bottom three - not hilarious

THIS.

Harry Redknapp in the bottom three - hilarious
Tragic clueless owners who replaced Rowett with Zola, then Harry, in the bottom three - properly hilarious
The keeper who helped get us to the PL, having a bad trot - not hilarious at all

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why are people so offended by Stockdale?

I can only speak personally, and it is most certainly not "offended" by him, or indeed enjoying his struggles at his chosen club. He was a top servant for us, and played a massive part in getting us to where we are now.

However, it is a plight I can't take my eyes off, because 1. he courted so much attention with his outbursts on Twitter, and 2. it seemed such a very strange career move. Those two things have him very high profile on the radar, and as such people will keep returning to how this has played out.

It's a bit like remainers taking any negative economic data and saying "look, see, I told you it was the wrong decision". If the economy/country were suffering as a result of Brexit, it would be crazy for anyone who voted remain to be actually celebrating the country doing badly, but it's inevitable that it still gets mentioned in a tone of "see, I told you that was an odd move." That's kind of the fascination with Stockdale for me, where I thought he should have remained (so on this, I'm a remainer) I'm looking, hoping, to see and understand why he did it, but everything that happens just re-affirms what a bizarre move it was he made.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Top bloke. Utterly instrumental in our success last year. He's earned my respect and affection and I won't be laughing at his current predicament.

And if you think otherwise you are a GOON.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I can only speak personally, and it is most certainly not "offended" by him, or indeed enjoying his struggles at his chosen club. He was a top servant for us, and played a massive part in getting us to where we are now.

However, it is a plight I can't take my eyes off, because 1. he courted so much attention with his outbursts on Twitter, and 2. it seemed such a very strange career move. Those two things have him very high profile on the radar, and as such people will keep returning to how this has played out.

It's a bit like remainers taking any negative economic data and saying "look, see, I told you it was the wrong decision". If the economy/country were suffering as a result of Brexit, it would be crazy for anyone who voted remain to be actually celebrating the country doing badly, but it's inevitable that it still gets mentioned in a tone of "see, I told you that was an odd move." That's kind of the fascination with Stockdale for me, where I thought he should have remained (so on this, I'm a remainer) I'm looking, hoping, to see and understand why he did it, but everything that happens just re-affirms what a bizarre move it was he made.

You mean Stockdale took control? :dunce:

I'm tempted to run a few out-of-sample forecasts on the previous 20 years of Premier league to see roughly what we'd expect to have to secure promotion.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
My ex girlfriend is a lovely girl, kind, warm, beautiful.

She dumped me though, so she's also a ****ing ***t.

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing

Amazing. You've managed to somehow bring Brexit into this, and also point out your own stupidity at voting to leave. (I'm assuming you voted to leave).

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Amazing. You've managed to somehow bring Brexit into this, and also point out your own stupidity at voting to leave. (I'm assuming you voted to leave).

That's kind of the fascination with Stockdale for me, where I thought he should have remained (so on this, I'm a remainer)

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Read.The.Post.

FWIW, yes if one had voted to leave that would have been stupid.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Stockdale is hardly the first player to succumb to greed and move on. I actually feel sorry for him that having served us so well he chose the £££ over the opportunity to play in the PL. Very unlikely to ever get that opportunity again.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
He did a job for us, left with a good rep and rapor with fans and good grace. We are not leaking goals all over the place so have no cause to regret.

Whats the issue?

If it was codner or Leon Knight flouncing out for money then landing on their face getting red cards etc i would understand a bit, this is a silly thread.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Stockdale is hardly the first player to succumb to greed and move on. I actually feel sorry for him that having served us so well he chose the £££ over the opportunity to play in the PL. Very unlikely to ever get that opportunity again.

Greed? Wasn't he only offered a one year deal with us? Instead he was offered a three year deal with Birmingham. Sounds more like stability rather than greed to me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here