Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I'm pretty sure that whenever we open negotiations with a club to buy one of their players, that we insist on radio silence from Club and agent until we declare ourselves out. Sounds like FC Zurich or the players agent have blabbed, which of course we will not be happy about.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'd rather pay 10 mil for this guy than prob nearly double for wood - looks to have more about him than Chris wood has ever shown despite his good season last yr - couldn't see Chris taking on players like he does and the touches and assists either
It's quite difficult to judge though as Wood (and I'm not a fan) is playing in a vastly superior league.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sky Sports News reporting we've had an £8M bid rejected for a Ghanaian international striker - this is dreamy.:lolol:

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Pace pace pace I love it

Did I not start a thread on Pace a couple of days ago? After watching AK and March run at quality defenders on Sunday it shows how much more difficult it is to defend against! I just hope Murray and Hemed can keep up!!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Swiss chancing their arm and want another couple of Million now they've seen what money we are prepared to pay for Izquierdo!

Reports from there were suggesting that they don't feel the need to sell. That said....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Reports from there were suggesting that they don't feel the need to sell. That said....
Teams don't generally need to sell, but money talks. The player might like to come here and would no doubt like the pay rise. So do they want to stop a player doing what they want, or take a large amount of cash that they can invest in other players? It's normally the latter.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Teams don't generally need to sell, but money talks. The player might like to come here and would no doubt like the pay rise. So do they want to stop a player doing what they want, or take a large amount of cash that they can invest in other players? It's normally the latter.

Stephens ???

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I'm sure his head will be turned with our interest. More money and a chance to play in the premier league. If Chris wants him l'm sure we will get him

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What, Burnley trying to buy him? They made their offer on the last day of the transfer window, so we had no time to replace him. We also felt we needed him for our promotion challenge.

I don't know what Zurich's ambitions are this season, they've only just been promoted back to the top flight. But with time left in the window, I imagine they could replace him with money spare to invest elsewhere.

To me, saying that they don't need to sell simply means they're financially ok for the coming season. But teams generally sell players when they can better reinvest the money elsewhere, not just because they're out of cash.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
What, Burnley trying to buy him? They made their offer on the last day of the transfer window, so we had no time to replace him. We also felt we needed him for our promotion challenge.

I don't know what Zurich's ambitions are this season, they've only just been promoted back to the top flight. But with time left in the window, I imagine they could replace him with money spare to invest elsewhere.

To me, saying that they don't need to sell simply means they're financially ok for the coming season. But teams generally sell players when they can better reinvest the money elsewhere, not just because they're out of cash.

By all accounts they made multiple bids throughout the summer eventually coming in with one last big offer of £7m on final day.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think our business has been great this summer but this one is completely puzzling me.

How can we be bidding this much for a guy thats barely played above league one level in his short career. This one feels too big a gamble I would rather sign a loanee if this is the best we can do for 8m+

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
By all accounts they made multiple bids throughout the summer eventually coming in with one last big offer of £7m on final day.
Yes, they made their offer on the last day. The lower offers before that are somewhat irrelevant, as we weren't trying to sell him for less than his worth.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think our business has been great this summer but this one is completely puzzling me.

How can we be bidding this much for a guy thats barely played above league one level in his short career. This one feels too big a gamble I would rather sign a loanee if this is the best we can do for 8m+

Maybe our scouts have watched him repeatedly in that short career, CH has watched him, and they're prepared to take a gamble, or TB is? Other than Murray, has a loan striker ever really worked for us? Does a loan striker with any PL experience actually try his heart out at the loaned club? A young player like Brown or Abraham without that experience probably does, but your Bents of this world - I might be inclined to trust our management team and go for the unknown gamble over the loan to be honest.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

It could be we are doing the same with strikers as we've done today with wingers, one big money signing and a 21yr old punt?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here