Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Had a pie for the first time in about a year last night.

What the hell has happened to them? Mine was all leek, with one lump of chicken and a complete absence of gammon. In addition the pastry was completely undercooked, despite being as hot as the sun somehow.

Are Piglets resting on their laurels? I recall chomping into a pie full to the brim with chicken for that first game against Donny Rovers in 2011... #Thegamehasgone

I think i had your chicken and gammon along with plentiful leek in south west corner. Pastry was perfection too. It was delicious i might add. Many thanks

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Beer ques only would help.

I despair when stuck behind someone buying coffees and munchies. .. . any need really ?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I don't bother at HT in WSL anymore, even with good service it's pointless. there are already massive queues of the people content to vacate their seats on 36'.

I tend to drink before the game and after with some food.

Last night the young guy who served me did about 3 laps of the kiosk area trying to find a hotdog, even though they were 2 yards in front of me and I had been pointing at them. He also had to return to me to place each item, of 4, rather than picking them up on his way around.

Had a pie for the first time in about a year last night.

What the hell has happened to them? Mine was all leek, with one lump of chicken and a complete absence of gammon. In addition the pastry was completely undercooked, despite being as hot as the sun somehow.

Are Piglets resting on their laurels? I recall chomping into a pie full to the brim with chicken for that first game against Donny Rovers in 2011... #Thegamehasgone

They've been shit for ages, totally over hyped on here and way too expensive especially when you consider Piglets supply MK Dons and other clubs who the sell them for a lot less.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Tried the chicken in a box last night which was excellent. They forgot the the coleslaw, but I didn't, and that was really good too.

Interesting points about contactless cards. Surely all the big banks have contactless cards available now, although I know some credit cards, such as M & S don't. As for Cash only, this always looks like a new business or market stall mentality. Banks usually charge more to handle cash than electronic transactions.

Don't know what stand you're in but in the south we have a choice of empty pies with a discus on top called pie crust, a cold dog all shrivelled surrounded by dry hard bread or a charcoal burger with a completely transparent cheese slice.
Chicken in a box hasn't reached us at all in the south

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
KFC/Burger King *are* franchises. They don't operate branches themselves in any great number or at all. They'd appoint someone like, oh, Sodexo to run one in a stadium...
This
I have used some terrible Burger Kings run by Select Service Partner for instance
The
Do they not set standards that the franchise have to meet.?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Don't know what stand you're in but in the south we have a choice of empty pies with a discus on top called pie crust, a cold dog all shrivelled surrounded by dry hard bread or a charcoal burger with a completely transparent cheese slice.
Chicken in a box hasn't reached us at all in the south

WSL. I was driven by the other choices you mention to try the chicken!!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Life will ALWAYS be too short to queue for 15 minutes for a Twix shirley?

Yeah, you're almost certainly right. I ended up in one of those 'I'll just wait another minute to see if the queue moves quicker' dilemmas. I'll give a Twix 5 mins max after this.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Clueless 'Managers', clueless servers, pies that are no longer the envy of visiting supporters, impossible to get served before the game unless you get in line at 6:30 for evening games. Definitely honeymoon period over.

I know the club doesn't get much of the matchday profits but they could, and should, be raking it in. They get their value when contracts are up for renewal - the more the catering takes in, the more the next contract goes up in price.

Sadly though, it is the same at most grounds around the country.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Clueless 'Managers', clueless servers, pies that are no longer the envy of visiting supporters, impossible to get served before the game unless you get in line at 6:30 for evening games. Definitely honeymoon period over.

I know the club doesn't get much of the matchday profits but they could, and should, be raking it in. They get their value when contracts are up for renewal - the more the catering takes in, the more the next contract goes up in price.

Sadly though, it is the same at most grounds around the country.

What has happene to the pies.? Agree now average.

Thought thought that Rotherham game was huge step,forward from forest

What has happene to the pies.? Agree now average.

Thought thought that Rotherham game was huge step,forward from forest

Less than average quality, size is probably a quarter less than at first.

Are they still trying to pass them off as "homemade"?

I only ask because I have a home, it looks like a house you see, and not a factory.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
East upper better last night than Friday - to be fair though half the delay due to fans getting to front of queue without deciding what they want and then seeming surprised they need to pay and dig around for cash.

desodell

Zamoratheexplora
Feb 28, 2009
Hove
The pies started to get worse when they got rid of the boxes for bags
Friday night pie was overdone and heated to some nuclear level, I took the lid off and still took 15 mins to cool down to an eatable level, last night had to take a pie back as had a funny smell and tasted strange, no quibel exchange and an apology even though my son had covered it in ketchup, which was good service. Quality has Definately gone now just a Pie. The pies at Fulham by Putney pie company I think we're close to better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here