Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey! I must remeber this excuse next time I'm stopped for speeding.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Easy 10 is being a bit harsh. A friend of mine from Brisbane hired a Porsche at Gatwick and sat at 120mph all the way to Pease Pottage before he realised what he was doing. The M23 was a better road than he was used to, and he was driving a vastly better car.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Easy 10 is being a bit harsh. A friend of mine from Brisbane hired a Porsche at Gatwick and sat at 120mph all the way to Pease Pottage before he realised what he was doing. The M23 was a better road than he was used to, and he was driving a vastly better car.

Anyone who doesn't realise he is doing nearly DOUBLE the speed he thinks he is doing probably shouldn't be driving.
120mph looks very different to 70. What, did he think everyone else he was flying past and dodging around were just out on a Sunday jaunt ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My mistake I missed a 6 out it is £16666.67. So his fine is less than an hours work. getti ng carried away with the 6s:dunce: So not a massive fine then.

Essentially, he got fined the equivalent of about £1 to you and me. We still have a nutter on the road who probably won't be deterred. The solicitor probably got about a £5K fee for representing him.

On top of that the courts costs and time was about £2K - So through our taxes you and I got fined more than he did for his misdemeanour. Where is the logic in all of that within our court system

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Safer in a top of the range Porsche @ 100 than some 10 year old rust bucket steering wheel shaking @ 70
This. Although a completely different argument obviously. The 70mph speed limit is a joke when applied to quality modern cars.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here