Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

International Update. Four (of 11) Albion internationals, in action tonight...

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Great stuff.

Last time we had two players facing each other in a senior international match, anyone?

(I say senior as I know we had JFC and Tex come up against each other very briefly earlier this season for the u21s)

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It's actually ELEVEN seagulls.

Unforgivably I forgot PADDY.

[TWEET]580805253009932290[/TWEET]

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Walton also starts...

[TWEET]580807798222635008[/TWEET]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Under20s are at 1-1 full time. Mexico scored and then England got a penalty when Akpom was brought down by the keeper.

Now it's gone to penalties with Walton still in goal.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Great job, Mr Exile. It would, however, be remiss not to document a twelfth Albion internationalist this week: step forward Daniel Mandroiu, an U-16 who joined the club this season from St Kevins Boys in Dublin. Despite the name, he was born and raised in the heart of Ballymun, Dublin (to a father who has Romanian roots). Daniel was included in the Republic of Ireland U-17 squad for their 3 matches in Poland in Group 4 of the Elite Qualifying Round of the 2015 UEFA U-17 European Championships. He was an unused substitute in the matches against Greece on March 21st (a 2-2 draw) and Belarus on March 23rd (a 3-1 win), meaning that he may have a part to play today (March 26th) in the deciding fixture against hosts Poland.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Great job, Mr Exile. It would, however, be remiss not to document a twelfth Albion internationalist this week: step forward Daniel Mandroiu, an U-16 who joined the club this season from St Kevins Boys in Dublin. Despite the name, he was born and raised in the heart of Ballymun, Dublin (to a father who has Romanian roots). Daniel was included in the Republic of Ireland U-17 squad for their 3 matches in Poland in Group 4 of the Elite Qualifying Round of the 2015 UEFA U-17 European Championships. He was an unused substitute in the matches against Greece on March 21st (a 2-2 draw) and Belarus on March 23rd (a 3-1 win), meaning that he may have a part to play today (March 26th) in the deciding fixture against hosts Poland.
Good work. How the hell do you know stuff like this?!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Good work. How the hell do you know stuff like this?!

Ha. He is the absolute DON of this kind of stuff!

Cheers [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]. I'll add him in to tonight's update, if he plays a part :thumbsup:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I read a Scottish paper this morning. Fwiw they scored Greer (equal) highest of any player:

Gordon Greer. 7. Played a part in a cohesive defensive performance. Seems to be relishing his international career.

Aaron Hughes. 6. Experienced defender played a big part in blunting the threat of S.Fletcher.

(No mark given for Paddy McCourt)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here