Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC1 - Immigration - now

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
That is a question that only those who lived under its rule will be able to assess properly. Of those I have asked the question to, the answer runs down a clear class divide.

Judging by the fact that the two groups most keen to migrate to Britain, or more specifically England, are Indians and Pakistanis I think you have your answer.

Clearly England offers something very attractive to those former vassals.

D

Deleted member 22389

Judging by the fact that the two groups most keen to migrate to Britain, or more specifically England, are Indians and Pakistanis I think you have your answer.

Clearly England offers something very attractive to those former vassals.

It's going to be a few more years before people start experiencing what other towns and cities have experienced in this country down here. When it hits and towns start changing at a rapid pace, only then will people see immigration for what it really is. I think a lot of people will then start questioning what the purpose of it is, because what is the purpose?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When you can walk down a street in the UK and feel intimidated and that you don't belong. When you can enter a shopping centre and not hear your native language. When you are frightened to be white and native, you know that something is not right within your country.
This is not racism,it is realism.

Realism is living in a mainly Asian area in the north but not fearing anything. Not intimidation or fright. We got on well with our neighbours.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
The subject will always be divided. Well I'm on the side of there being too many people here. It's also more than just people coming to work here, there is cultural and religious aspects of this to take in to consideration as well. When somebody comes here from another country and puts their own culture and religion above our own, we have a problem. That's certainly not integrating in my book. I have had my experience and it doesn't work in my opinion.

I presume therefore you have never been to a Chinese, Italian or Indian restaurant in the UK? I also presume that you attend church regularly and believe in a Christian god

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When you can walk down a street in the UK and feel intimidated and that you don't belong. When you can enter a shopping centre and not hear your native language. When you are frightened to be white and native, you know that something is not right within your country.
This is not racism,it is realism.

It is paranoia.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's going to be a few more years before people start experiencing what other towns and cities have experienced in this country down here. When it hits and towns start changing at a rapid pace, only then will people see immigration for what it really is. I think a lot of people will then start questioning what the purpose of it is, because what is the purpose?

This is such nonsense. Inner cities and estates will continue he to fill up with poor folks from all nations and the rest of the country will continue to fill up with educated, better off people from all nations. The invasion isn't coming, you just lived in a shit hole.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Try explaining this to people, your wasting your time. Until it effects people on a personal level, they will not see any problems. 800 new homes are needed in Newhaven, however if you look at the state of manufacturing it hasn't changed in 10 years, and yet we have more people than ever down here. The 800 homes promise so much, be we all know deep down it will do absolutely nothing apart from creating even more of an impact on our services in the long run.

And how many of those 'more people than ever' are people who are living there as they have been priced out of Brighton?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
We had all this bobbins when the blacks from Jamaica came over, daring to bring a bit if their culture with them. I wouldn't want to imagine London without them now. I always rub one for luck when I spot 'em.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And how many of those 'more people than ever' are people who are living there as they have been priced out of Brighton?

You just know the Bashlsdr's and PPF's of this world will spend their retirements on a tatty armchair, peeking out the curtains to see who's outside, getting brought cups of tea and moaning at their long suffering family about how they don't watch Top Gear since Krishnin Guru Murphy, Caitlin Moran and Stewart Lee took over hosting duties and being slightly miffed the Romanians never did actually launch a full scale attack and we aren't run by Sharia law. But it's coming, you wait! You won't be laughing when they loony left are turfing you out of your home at 3am and moving 25 Gypsies and all their nappies in.

D

Deleted member 22389

You just know the Bashlsdr's and PPF's of this world will spend their retirements on a tatty armchair, peeking out the curtains to see who's outside, getting brought cups of tea and moaning at their long suffering family about how they don't watch Top Gear since Krishnin Guru Murphy, Caitlin Moran and Stewart Lee took over hosting duties.

Quality of life sir, making sure we have the space, the jobs and the services to cope with all the extra people, nothing wrong with that.
800 extra homes apparently needed in Newhaven, but no talk about improving the local services to cope with it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Quality of life sir, making sure we have the space, the jobs and the services to cope with all the extra people, nothing wrong with that.
800 extra homes apparently needed in Newhaven, but no talk about improving the local services to cope with it.

There's a housing shortage because the white upper class in the UK, including the beloved Cameron want it that way. If there were enough houses their property portfolios wouldn't be worth half as much. Nothing to do with immigrants I'm sorry to tell you.

D

Deleted member 22389

There's a housing shortage because the white upper class in the UK, including the beloved Cameron want it that way. If there were enough houses their property portfolios wouldn't be worth half as much. Nothing to do with immigrants I'm sorry to tell you.

What about the foreigners who are buying off plan in London.
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/feb/01/rich-overseas-investors-uk-eu-housing-market
[url]http://londonist.com/2013/08/foreign-investors-buy-almost-75-of-new-inner-london-homes.php

[/URL]

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

What about them? They snap up that 7 Million pound Kensington pad you had your hopes pinned on?These aren't the foreigners that are moving into your local housing estate or opening up fried chicken shops though are they. They are Tory pals getting a good deal.

Anyway, I'm not going further down this road, it's an absolute front porcher out there and I'm off to pick some runner beans and raspberries off the allotment. Have a nice day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

What about them? They snap up that 7 Million pound Kensington pad you had your hopes pinned on?These aren't the foreigners that are moving into your local housing estate or opening up fried chicken shops though are they. They are Tory pals getting a good deal.

Anyway, I'm not going further down this road, it's an absolute front porcher out there and I'm off to pick some runner beans and raspberries off the allotment. Have a nice day.

Nor is it a new phenomenon. My mum lives in North London and we regularly go to Kenwood for family walks. On the way to the park and house there's a row of houses known as Billionairre's Row. Owned now by wealthy Turks and Kazaks though some are empty. However it has always been thus. It was Saudi royals and oil magnates thirty years ago.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I doubt thats the case , why on earth should his views mean that it should be ?

Because he has objected to immigrants bringing their culture (and food is a key part of culture) to the uk.

And because if he's not a practicing Christian why does he care that immigrants aren't converting to Christianity when entering the uk.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Because he has objected to immigrants bringing their culture (and food is a key part of culture) to the uk.

And because if he's not a practicing Christian why does he care that immigrants aren't converting to Christianity when entering the uk.
He has objected to immigrants placing their culture and religion above our own , this is one of the consequences

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/news/...ine_to_customer_in_tesco_in_neasden_1_3686201

if you think tbis wont start becoming more and more prevalent you're living in a dream world , as this story proves you dont have to be a practising christian to object to an immigrants religion being placed above our own.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
North of a line from Bristol to, say, Peterborough, how much of a housing crisis is there?
How much of the problem is due to England turning into what is effectively a city-state?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here