Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The only question is whether the club decide to stick or twist. If they twist they will need to have data on stride and limb velocity as another poster stated. But even so, remember, we are up against three reactionary blokes who have seen the footage in the FA equivalent of 'down the pub', and they are all in agreement......so, ten to one the club sticks and sends Tomer on a short vacation to the Eastern Med, with his missus, for a bit of R and R.....the lucky *******.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Found guilty by the Sky Kangaroo Court. There's no appealing to that. Twats.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think we should the Burnley fans defence when Barton stamped on Kayal, in that Kayal clearly moved his leg up towards Barton's studs.

The problem is I can not recall too many cases where we have been successful appealing an FA decision. They just seem to be on another planet detached from the real world.

For me, if you reverse the players with Hemed on the ground, I wouldn't have been screaming for a red card

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
This charge is ridiculous. Sky worked up and presenter went off on one. The incident was right in front of us in lower west and nobody around us had any thought it was deliberate

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
All this talk of analytics, and performance data... I think some people are getting hung up on the word 'stamp'. Another argus article summarised Dermot Gallagher's appearance on SSN this morning. He said it wasn't stamp, what the panel had to decide was whether it was deliberate. Deliberately treading on someone isn't more legal than stamping on someone.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...n_the_Tomer_Hemed_incident_against_Newcastle/

They wouldn't need to prove it wasn't a stamp, they'd need to prove it wasn't a deliberate action.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I think we should the Burnley fans defence when Barton stamped on Kayal, in that Kayal clearly moved his leg up towards Barton's studs.

The problem is I can not recall too many cases where we have been successful appealing an FA decision. They just seem to be on another planet detached from the real world.

For me, if you reverse the players with Hemed on the ground, I wouldn't have been screaming for a red card

I would!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I've finally got round to seeing it again and it's very clear it's a stamp. I remember thinking when he got taken out mid air that he was threatening to get revenge and he did it without me really noticing. Definite three match ban and he deserves a big fine from the club for being so stupid.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really? The analysts should be able to crank that out in an afternoon. I really don't think it is fanciful at all to be honest. They probably have the force data for analysing impact forces on players joints and such to optimise things like shoes and work on running technique to reduce injuries.

We can all rest easy then - he's innocent. Thanks for taking the worry off my mind.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Never really in doubt that we would get punished..

Same old shit.

Tomer must be gutted..

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The more I see it the more I think it was accidental

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports