Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minding the gap/knowing our place

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Botty knows all about the away end on the bbs, he's a regular visitor ( in his various guises)t

Yes I know, and he's just about the only Brighton fan on there who HASN'T been relegated solely to the away end.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Yes I know, and he's just about the only Brighton fan on there who HASN'T been relegated solely to the away end.

If you see the weed rabble on there atm, it's a good job they're restricted .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Why such an offensive term. Are we 'weed' to flag that you of tougher sterner stuff. Really.

If you were there in the 70/80's, you would know.
It's a play on seaweed.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
If you were there in the 70/80's, you would know.
It's a play on seaweed.

Well I am put bang to rights as I have only been following Brighton when they got into the PL. Have given up the rugger and my season ticket to watch Arsenal on TV for the privilege.

From those days is there a play on any words that comes up with p***ks? If not I wonder how we got that moniker for your lot?

Yours Tarquin.

I'm a bit on the fence. He who laughs last etc.

I fully expect us to get smashed a few times this season, by teams like City and Spurs, but that's the case for most bottom half teams and I can deal with that.
I expect (against all odds it seems) that Palace will turn it around to some extent. They may even survive at our expense which would obviously be quite a shitter.

What I will enjoy laughing about, however, is their record breaking season:
First top flight team to lose the first 4 without scoring since 1924.
No wait, first top flight team to lose the first 5 without scoring since, well, ever.
No wait, first team to lose the first 6 without scoring, in any English league, ever!

You have to take your hat off to them, they've broken the oldest record in football history. It's unlikely that any of us will live long enough to meet anyone that will live long enough to see that record broken again. Except by Palace next week.

Thanks Trig, you saved me a lot of typing here

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
A fair portion of the footballing world is pointing at Crystal Palace and laughing. It is our job, as their rivals, to be cheerleaders of the piss-taking

That's the great thing about their shit start, it's not just us ripping the piss out of them, a large part of the footballing fraternity is joining in. Marvellous scenes.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Botty knows all about the away end on the bbs, he's a regular visitor ( in his various guises)

I've posted on there once in about two months, and the multiple guises thing is as much bollox as Simster also being a multiple account regular poster on there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks Botty, it's a bit more liberal on the bbs isn't it :thumbsup:
Eh? Has it changed then? I thought we couldn't post in the main forum, it was away end only?

Edit - having read the rest of the thread I see that no, it hasn't changed, we still have to post in the away end, so no, that's not more liberal.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here