Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Always browser

Votes: 230 73.2%
  • What's Tapatalk?

Votes: 30 9.6%

• Total voters

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Cannot understand any complaints. Works absolutely fine. Never notice the adverts. Genuinely cannot think of a single issue with it

If you do a poll, please capture age as well ;)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I really dislike Tapatalk. Way too many ads. Don't like it and wish there was an alternative. Only use it on my phone out of laziness, never on my tablet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tried tapatalk and didn't like it.

Instead very happy with the full browser version on iPhones and iPads.

NOT an age related thing - teenagers in the fold, like the browser version too.

Contrary to what someone else said, the adding of web links, videos and images is dead easy using the browser version.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Tried Tapatalk but wasn't that keen on the display layout, the fact it wouldn't do polls on mobile and tablet was a pain, and couldn't always get it to refresh to latest content, so I've gone back to browser, and all is fine. Using a slightly ancient Macbook.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I only use Tapatalk....love it! Would rather not change unless its an improvement.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
New link looked fine btw.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I'm getting a bit fed up with Tapatalk, mainly from an administration perspective, but also as someone who uses it a lot for accessing NSC.

Interested to know other views before I bin it off completely.

I always use the browser on my iPad. One thing I've noticed though is I can't ever seem to upload pics anymore. Maybe I'm doing wrong though

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Never used Tapatalk and have no inclination to do so. My gripe with it is the number of posts which have an extra, unnecessary and annoying extra line added:-

"Sent from my state of the art device which is much cooler than yours using Tapatalk." Yeugh!

Several posters on this thread seem to have managed to inform us they use Tapatalk without that message popping up - can other Tapatalk users do that too? Any way it can be made normal for it to just not appear?

Me. Settings. Signature.
Turn it off.

Takes about 3 seconds :thumbsup:

I think the Pro version is now free and is a lot less cluttered and very simple to use. I really can't see why anyone wouldn't find it simple.

I haven't voted in a poll yet as I didn't realise there was one! One of the very few drawbacks, but again no big deal as you can quickly switch to web view if you really want to vote. I do that for the predictions threads.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It’s the only way I access NSC. I will try the other link.

Edit. Tried link but not sure how to access NSC from there. Tapatalk is simple, no need to log in repeatedly, always opens on the page I want. Even shows tweets now.

It's a demo of the mobile responsive theme that I intend to put on here.

Tried it, but couldn't get on with it. Easier to pinch and zoom on the web browser. I never understood why it was so popular, not just because I couldn't get on with it, but with so many people saying "I can't see tweets on taptalk", "I can't do that on tapatalk" and so on. If you miss so much when using it, why bother?

I use Tapatalk exclusively (iOS if that makes any difference) - it is easier for general usage and for anything it can't do, you're a tap away from reverting to the standard web view.

I never use NSC on mobile or tablet anymore. Tapatalk is awful and NSC on a browser is slow and clunky and hard to navigate without pressing the wrong link.

The responsive theme I am proposing on using should improve all of that for you.

Just tried it. One question was this supposed to be a link to NSC on this script or is it just the forum test script with loads of admin type threads/posts just for us to get an idea of the look/feel?

Just giving a pointer as to the proposed look and feel, yes.

Just tried this and although fine, doesn't allow for the customisation Tapatalk has as far as I can see. What would be the advantages of using this format over the current mobile version of NSC which is pretty decent? Incidentally, why doesn't that allow for notifications?

The responsive theme will automatically size itself based on your device - desktop, tablet or mobile. The NSC mobile template has to be manually selected and most people don't know it's even there.

Looks like that would work well.

I use Tapatalk for other forums, so I wouldn't be able to ditch it even if I wanted to.

I don't get all the comments about it being difficult to use and full of adverts. What adverts? Is it just because I got the Pro version years ago that I don't see any?

They've ramping up the adverts on the free version and they're generally pretty low quality ads. I am not able to control any of it.

Never used Tapatalk and have no inclination to do so. My gripe with it is the number of posts which have an extra, unnecessary and annoying extra line added:-

"Sent from my state of the art device which is much cooler than yours using Tapatalk." Yeugh!

Several posters on this thread seem to have managed to inform us they use Tapatalk without that message popping up - can other Tapatalk users do that too? Any way it can be made normal for it to just not appear?

It's buried in settings. Again, that most people don't turn it off, or don't know how to turn it off is an annoyance. I think it's quite a hostile imposition from Tapatalk.

Don't understand the negativity towards tapatalk easy to use and the only way I access NSC. Be a shame to lose it as find the browser access irritating

The browser access would be considerably better. I'd not make the change if it made mobile access worse.

A shortcut to the big board from the quote / thumbs notification page would be nice (if possible?). Unless there is already one and I'm just a deep.

Not sure I get what you mean. Happy to try and help if I can though.

Had a quick look and better than the browser but not as intuitive as Tapatalk and could not see how to post images or links which in Tapatalk is easy.

I'd do some testing prior to rollout to ensure things like that are covered. Interestingly images on Tapatalk is another one of my gripes. Not the ease of uploading - as you say, it's easy. But Tapatalk only allows hosting of the images with them which, again, means loss of control. They could pull all those images out of NSC without warning.

Only access NSC from my phone and only via Tapatalk - would be disappointed to see it go... have accessed the other link but difficult to tell how that will look and be accessed for NSC

I also use a dark theme for Tapatalk - moving to browser would make it too bright for my eyes!

Interesting point on a dark theme. I could look to add that as well.

Is this partly for monetization reasons? I have no worries about that, of course, it's your playground :)

I only use Tapatalk, but there are a couple of things that I've noticed recently.;

1) I usually browse via Tapatalk on Android in 'unread' mode, but a fair amount of times when I refresh, it pulls up blanks, even when I know there are threads/posts which are unread.

2) Tapatalk discloses your 'real name' to everyone else if you're a subscriber.. I'm guessing that this is your Tapatalk name, as oppose NSC?

Nothing to do with monetization - I've detailed a few gripes in posts above, but they all come under the umbrella of conceding control to a third party. If these stats are representative, very few people use Tapatalk anyway.

Cannot understand any complaints. Works absolutely fine. Never notice the adverts. Genuinely cannot think of a single issue with it

I largely agree as an NSC user - it's all I use, but with regards to NSC administration, it's becoming more of an issue for me.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm getting a bit fed up with Tapatalk, mainly from an administration perspective, but also as someone who uses it a lot for accessing NSC.

Interested to know other views before I bin it off completely.

I've tried it twice and it wasn't very nice.

On two different phones, one entry level cheapo and the other much more powerful. I prefer the NSC desktop experience.

GoldVish-Le-Million.jpg

Sent from my Goldvish Le Million via your mum.

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Tapatalk is very poor. I have never seen a poll. To be honest, I really don't know why I use I...

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Oh, when you reply to anything, you get auto replies not only from the thread but the whole big board. You have to disable not only the thread you are replying too, but the whole bloody thing.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've book marked the Big Board on my phone and go straight to it. Tried Tapatalk once but just didn't get on with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here