Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimpy

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Remember in the early sixties attending the Western Road Wimpy after visiting the Starlight Rooms.It was the late night eateries of choice, as it was the beginning of the burger boom. Often quite rowdy, with a manager known as Macaroni ,who stood for no nonsense. Memories!

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
The one in Worthing is really good. I believe they win wimpy of the year fairly often.

Like the Op mentioned...clean, efficient, friendly and the waitresses are nice to look at!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was shocked to find Garfunkels still existed when in London a couple years ago.
There was one fairly recently upstairs at Victoria Station. Do Aberdeen Angus Steak Houses still exist? Berni Inns have surely gone for good.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There was one fairly recently upstairs at Victoria Station. Do Aberdeen Angus Steak Houses still exist? Berni Inns have surely gone for good.

Bernie Inn was my 2nd choice for user name when first registering on NSC :)

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

They do but they dropped the Aberdeen. Mainly tourist traps in very good locations.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
The One in Bicester has only opened in the last 18 months.. seems clean and busy. Burger Star were by far the best fast food restaurant IMO but I think they were only in Gloucestershire

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The One in Bicester has only opened in the last 18 months.. seems clean and busy. Burger Star were by far the best fast food restaurant IMO but I think they were only in Gloucestershire
Burger Star are only - or mainly - in Gloucestershire as far as I know, but they never bought out Wimpy. Burger King did.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Burger Star are only - or mainly - in Gloucestershire as far as I know, but they never bought out Wimpy. Burger King did.

I meant to say that there was a new Wimpy in Bicester.

On a separate note re fast food, I always thought Burger Star was the best of all the options I've tried and I include Shake Shack and Five Guys in my assessment

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
My Texan gf in the eighties was astounded that we Brits would name a burger joint with such a name which obvs have different connotations to Shermans.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That was my local - couldn't afford it though growing up. First Wimpy I went to was in East Street Brighton.

With mates, we pushed the boat out as kids in the late 70's / early 80's, using the East Street Wimpy. After a shopping or cineman trip into town. Would stretch to a basic hamburger.

In these affluent times, there are kids virtually living on fast food.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here