Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

By all means take your 10-year old to see the away players get on the coach...

Which has exactly what bearing on my statement? If you're going to answer, answer what I said , instead of deflecting away from your own inadequacies.

I believe it's called playing the man, not the ball.

Rather frowned upon on here by those in power..........., Oh.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I did answer, by inference. But I'll spell it out happily - it's perhaps not surprising that a fan of Chelsea, a team stuffed full of "world class talent" for the last decade, may have a different view of 25-year old fans straining to get a glimpse of the opposition players getting on a coach than a fan of a club who has, until very recently, employed some real lower league journeymen.

I'm genuinely interested: if Barca came to the Bridge, would you have no qualms about seeing a group of 25-year old Chelsea fans trying to get a glimpse of Messi getting on the coach after they'd just beaten you 2-0?

Not really no , everybody is different , these people are literally megastars.of.world.football , its.off the pitch after the game , what's the harm ? You come across as a bit of a bobble hat and flask merchant so I was surprised to see your mean spirited post

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Why wouldn't a 25 year old, (who is exactly the same age as the Premier League), not want to see the players who have been hyped beyond comprehension?

A hell of a lot of NSC this week has been Princess Dianaesque hand wringing about the emotion of the event.
That doesn't happen solely because of the Albion.

The goal for this season is to stay in the PL. In my opinion, a key part of the plan is to make the AMEX as much of a fortress as possible. Men (not kids) fawning over the departure of the opposition's stars after they've just beaten us, and after they've just had 90 minutes to admire their prowess on the pitch, doesn't, again imo, help make the AMEX a fortress. That's why I'd rather they didn't do it. Can they? Of course.

You obviously disagree. Fair enough.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not really no , everybody is different , these people are literally megastars.of.world.football , its.off the pitch after the game , what's the harm ? You come across as a bit of a bobble hat and flask merchant so I was surprised to see your mean spirited post

I'm surprised by one half of this response, but not the other.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The goal for this season is to stay in the PL. In my opinion, a key part of the plan is to make the AMEX as much of a fortress as possible. Men (not kids) fawning over the departure of the opposition's stars after they've just beaten us, and after they've just had 90 minutes to admire their prowess on the pitch, doesn't, again imo, help make the AMEX a fortress. That's why I'd rather they didn't do it. Can they? Of course.

They're leaving with 3 points, so what the fook are you on about?
It doesn't matter whether they are presented with pooh or fairy cakes, they're still taking 3 points with them.

Clearly :fishing: so I'm out.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Who gives a shit who's standing around waiting to see the oppositions teams?

Let people do what they want and let's not make anymore silly, immature rules set by silly immature people.

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
I do find this sort of thread amusing... I mean really - do people actually give that much of a sh*t about what other people are doing?

I love the Albion, I really do. But i just can't get in any way upset about fellow fans wanting to catch a glimpse of world class footballers. Especially when they are paying up to £50 to the club to be there.

We talk about the younger generation as being 'snowflakes' but frankly I think that saying could apply to some of our precious fans.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
When the players stepped out I heard our fans chanting 'who are ya, who ya, who are ya' hardly a warm welcome and making them feel at home.

And like others have said, whats the big deal with wanting to get a glimpse are some of the best footballers in the world? Does it make you a 'casual fan' and not a 'hardcore'?

Who gives a shit who's standing around waiting to see the oppositions teams?

Let people do what they want and let's not make anymore silly, immature rules set by silly immature people.

I certainly won't be doing it but hey a)I don't give a toss what other people do and b) hopefully lots more people will be doing it in the future so I'll get a train and on the sauce a lot quicker.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

F..uck it so that's why our fortress crumbled. People met the opposition players off their coach for a gander and it spurred them on to totally outclass us. They came here terrified of us and that's what swung it.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
F..uck it so that's why our fortress crumbled. People met the opposition players off their coach for a gander and it spurred them on to totally outclass us. They came here terrified of us and that's what swung it.

Not even that mate he's moaning that people saw them ON to the coach AFTER the game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed, they should fence off the whole area to keep the autograph idiots away

Many of these grown men 'autograph idiots' are wise guys who turn up with a nice photo, get it signed, put it in a nice frame and flog it on ebay. Reckon there should be a kids-only zone area for coach arrival autographs.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
My routine from age 10-14 was arrive at the Goldstone, Newtown Road, probably about 1, buy a programme from the shop, say hello to the players and wish them luck, watch the away team arrive, spot the big names, go into the ground early. After the game run into the West Stand where one of the press boxes had a TV screen with vide-printer scores on it. Then back down to Newtown Road and get my programme signed by both the home and away players. Then home for tea.

No one gave me grief, players were all friendly and the Albion players knew me so often chatted. I thought this was great, so I hope the kids still enjoy this. I just think the lack of access as you go up the league is a shame now.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Don't anyone hang around the coach young or old unless you're trying to make the opposition feel uncomfortable. The days of looking provincial are done. Let's look as though we believe we're up to it. Give them some stick then get to your seats and give them some more. Make it a proper fortress.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some folk are starting to get terribly precious about nothing in particular.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If it was hundreds or thousands gathered around I would feel the same but it was a handful. Hardly surprising.

Can't understand it for the life of me but then I've never been able to fathom those who favour more than one club either. :shrug:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I can understand why people want to see the away team players come off their bus. Whether it's for kids to get pictures/autographs or just to shout abuse. However, what I did think was incredibly sad was four or five blokes in their 50s or 60s waiting for Michael Oliver and his assistants to get autographs and photos.

Almost as sad as the West Lower numpties who were busy clapping Man City when they put together half a dozen decent passes in the 2nd half

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here