Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Centre Half

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I see Miquel from Arsenal played a part in both Emirates cup games - at centre back I think - could we still be interested?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I see Miquel from Arsenal played a part in both Emirates cup games - at centre back I think - could we still be interested?

Were we ever? Been linked with him for two years now

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With all the speculation regarding incoming midfielders, wingers and strikers, there's been no hint of another CB coming in.

Shirley we wont go through the season with just Greer, Hughes and Dunk? Two of those will be eligible for a bus pass soon as well.

Do you think we'll bring in another CB, and if so will it be a starter, ageing back up or another young prospect? ???

I agree. We need a stopper centre-half. I am sure that Sami knows what's best more than anyone at the club.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It's about 4th on our list of our priorities right now. I'm not certain on us even filling the first 3!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Could Adam Virgo be persuaded out of retirement? I'm not his biggest fan but think he could do a job.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If this happens it'll be a loan and on deadline day I imagine.

Left back, striker, striker/wide man, and midfielder first it seems.

It'll then be about getting replacements if any of the squad get bids we can't turn down.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
We have enough options already. If we do get 2+ injuries, there's also the option of the loan market.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I like Dunk but have zero confidence in Greer. I haven't seen Harris enough to comment yet, but my overall fear is the lack of pace at the back. Other than Dunk it's a little bit dads army for me. I would prioritise buying a quality centre half over another midfielder.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I like Dunk but have zero confidence in Greer. I haven't seen Harris enough to comment yet, but my overall fear is the lack of pace at the back. Other than Dunk it's a little bit dads army for me. I would prioritise buying a quality centre half over another midfielder.

Do you mean Rea? Charlie Harris is a midfielder.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I would have liked the club to get a mid twenties, established centre back in rather than Hughes. I appreciate Hughes covers more positions so perhaps does deserve a squad place. However, I don't think we're strong enough centrally as things stand. We may have a few options that can play there, but no one who is strong enough to command a regular slot there like Upson. Greer is on the decline, Dunk improving but still has question marks in the big games, Hughes is experienced but slow and Maksi and Rea are still too young/inexperienced to be considered first teamers.

dan4bha

Mar 27, 2014
Really hope we don't sign a new CB.

Fear it would further disrupt the development of Dunk who is an excellent prospect, by putting him further down the pecking order and I don't want to see him fail to reach his potential. We need to trust our younger players to do the job, as Oscar did with JFC and March last season and benefitted.

Having seen Maksi and Rea in Spain too, I am optimistic about them too becoming good prospects.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I don't understand the anti Greer sentiment from a lot on here. I know he's not perfect but we've had the best defence/second best defence in the Championship in the last two seasons and he has played most matches. That seems quite a leap to having zero confidence in him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't understand the anti Greer sentiment from a lot on here. I know he's not perfect but we've had the best defence/second best defence in the Championship in the last two seasons and he has played most matches. That seems quite a leap to having zero confidence in him.

I think his legs are going..... However, for organisation skills alone is he is worth a place alongside Dunk. Not impressed with Hughes so far, bit too ponderous for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here