Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury 2014

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
For those who are going, what do we think of the line up?

Bit underwhelmed if i'm honest.

All the rumours of Oasis reforming, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zep, ACDC etc got me going, but having left with Metallica on the saturday night is a bit hey ho.

still plenty of others to see, just hope the weather is kind anmd all this rain at the moment is emptying the sky before the end of June.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Only really fussed about Arcade Fire and The Horrors on the line up. WOW dance tent looks decent. Going to not worry about who I see too much and just enjoy Glastos more entertaining and stranger areas!!

Edit: Just looked at whole line up. Some mightily impressive DJ Talent this year!!!

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The full line up is now here
http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2014/

For those at home BBC will again be live streaming all the main stages, have coverage on BBC2, BBC3, and BBC4 as well as Radio 1, 2, and 6.
They will also make 100 nearly full sets from 100+ artists available on demand for up to 30 days after the event. Phew.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/errnc8

(Forgive me. I work on this for the Beeb so apols for the plug. )

Why bother hosting them for 30 days and then take them down? Seems like a waste of time why can't you just leave them up?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Why bother hosting them for 30 days and then take them down? Seems like a waste of time why can't you just leave them up?

Its frustrating for fans but thats the deal the BBC have negotiated with the labels who ask for this type of window.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Worst line up ever?

I do not want to get involved in compating line-ups but if you're into music and you have a reasonably open mind then you will surely really really struggle to get bored at Glastonbury? And this is to totally ignore the other stuff; I tend to sacrifice an entire evening of the music stages these days and go and have fun in the Shangri-la, Block 9 etc etc areas. It's also about going with the flow. Last year I was walking to see Seasick Steve on my own and stumbled across Julio Bashmore. I ended up watching him for an hour intstead.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
First time I've been successful. Don't want to get my hopes up re: Oasis but it would be ****ing awesome, wouldn't it?

Oasis and Kasabian on the same bill.........one can only eat so much meat and potatoes.

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Only ever pick two or three bands/acts a day that I want to see and let the rest fall in to place. Running around from one stage to the other isn't for me anymore and you waiste so much time doing it and miss out on the little things which make the place so special to so many.

Anyway, is there and Albion meet up this year?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Only ever pick two or three bands/acts a day that I want to see and let the rest fall in to place. Running around from one stage to the other isn't for me anymore and you waiste so much time doing it and miss out on the little things which make the place so special to so many.

will have some kind of Albion rig out on or flag fluttering in the wind, so you welcome to come over and buy me a pint.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton

Coupled with the fact you can no longer run old man!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here