Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia- a simple question.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This isn't a dig.

I'm a bit bemused about Locadia. I know he had a knock so wasn't so likely to feature today but i'm struggling with this chap- where does he actually play and where should he play for us?

Is he the long term replacement for Murray? Is he a winger? A number 10? Is he just making up the numbers?

Does anybody have any idea?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No sorry I can’t answer your question

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
This isn't a dig.

I'm a bit bemused about Locadia. I know he had a knock so wasn't so likely to feature today but i'm struggling with this chap- where does he actually play and where should he play for us?

Is he the long term replacement for Murray? Is he a winger? A number 10? Is he just making up the numbers?

Does anybody have any idea?

Well he said he's no good at heading, so can't be a long term replacement for Murray. In fact, apart from Hemed, I don't think we have one. We already have four wingers, so unlikely a winger. Gross, Andone, Bissouma/Propper seem to have number 10 covered between them.

Nope, I have no idea either.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Presumably he is a replacemt for Murray - but our intention isn’t to play the same way. We know he’s not a target man so he clearly hasn’t been brought for that role.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
My instinct is that he is a different type of player to one that CH uses in 4-4-1-1. Perhaps the most similar player to him is Groß, who cannot be left out, and Bissouma might be his replacement anyway if so (came on for Groß today). He is certainly not the target man in the mould of Murray or Hemed, or (I guess) Andone. He isn't a winger, and we have four of those anyway. And he isn't a midfielder...

So, yes, it is a puzzle. CH talks him up but doesn't play him except in cup games. I can only surmise that CH believes we need to be less predictable (true) and therefore able to play in different styles; possibly he is waiting on Ali and/or Bissouma to be ready to start matches, and setting up in a different formation.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Hewoughton said at the FF he can play the 9 or 10 position , bit more offensive as a player than Gross though in the 10 position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
So we may as well sell him. Shoreham need a No10. they can probably stretch to £50.
Gross was our best player last season.

Hewoughton said at the FF he can play the 9 or 10 position , bit more offensive as a player than Gross though in the 10 position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Would be nice if he was judged after he has actually appeared on the pitch for a few games.

Sounds reasonable in theory , but To get that opportunity he would need to convince hughton in training, which I’m guessing he isn’t doing.
Given how he’s looked in the game time he has had (bit clueless), it all points to him not up to it yet.
If ever a player needed a loan move it’s locadia , now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
90 minutes after season starts the knives are out already

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sounds reasonable in theory , but To get that opportunity he would need to convince hughton in training, which I’m guessing he isn’t doing.
Given how he’s looked in the game time he has had (bit clueless), it all points to him not up to it yet.
If ever a player needed a loan move it’s locadia , now.

So we now buy players for over £10m and loan them out ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here