Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Where are the best pub quizzes in Sussex?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Where are the Best Pub Quizzes in Sussex?
Looking for one next week in Brighton, Hove or Lewes.
What would NSC recommend?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I used to be a big fan of The Signalman's quiz but have got a feeling that the guy who did it is long gone (I left Brighton 2 years ago now).

Not next week, but Brett & Helen's MAGNIFICENT Caxton Arms has their quiz on the 23rd
[MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] everything about The Caxton is MAGNIFICENT.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
No idea now, but a few years ago The Crescent was the one to attend.

Teams ranging from pipe smoking cardi wearing bearded profs to keen students, some real tough questions in there.

Good fun.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
If it's a Monday night quiz you're after, you can't go far wrong with The Robin Hood (just off Norfolk Sq)

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I used to be a big fan of The Signalman's quiz but have got a feeling that the guy who did it is long gone (I left Brighton 2 years ago now).

[MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] everything about The Caxton is MAGNIFICENT.

On a Monday evening? I think that ended some time ago, the pub has really changed unfortunately

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
This is a quiz in itself!
My guess would be The Nelson in Trafalgar Street on Tuesday evenings. Don't know whether it's still going though. The lady who asked the questions had the sexiest voice ever. I think that's why we went there, just to listen to her talk. Quiz was secondary!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
On a Monday evening? I think that ended some time ago, the pub has really changed unfortunately

Yeah, I used to know the manager Jay fairly well and always thought it was one of the nicer DrinkInBrightons but have only popped in once since leaving. Shame if that is the case but as an ex DIB employee hardly surprised...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
On a Monday evening? I think that ended some time ago, the pub has really changed for the better

Amended for you :thumbsup:

The quiz 8 out of 10 Cax is quite popular. Not for me personally as I like Q&A and they do have arts and crafts rounds like making the world cup out of plasticine which is just too subjective. But I'm in a minority here.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

The quiz 8 out of 10 Cax is quite popular. Not for me personally as I like Q&A and they do have arts and crafts rounds like making the world cup out of plasticine which is just too subjective. But I'm in a minority here.

well, I preferred the place when it was The Railway ... guess that explains a lot about me :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Oh. No that wouldn’t be for me. I’m a questions man.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I bet going into your pub was a right bundle of laughs :(

Billy, why are you joining the BG bashing brigade ? What BG said is a common statement among quiz players.

You're better than that.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Billy, why are you joining the BG bashing brigade ? What BG said is a common statement among quiz players.

You're better than that.

No. He was right. I have been to many quizzes, and that one was particularly challenging, attracting participants from far and wide. It was renowned for being tough, alas no questions on LBs or PC issues.

The average winning score was never better than 75%, hence my adjective of 'tough'.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
No. He was right. I have been to many quizzes, and that one was particularly challenging, attracting participants from far and wide. It was renowned for being tough, alas no questions on LBs or PC issues.

The average winning score was never better than 75%, hence my adjective of 'tough'.

I think we're having mixed wires here?

BG simply said 'As they say all quiz questions are simple if you know about the subject or the answers.'

I'm just fed up with posters having a go at the old fellow for no reason.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think we're having mixed wires here?

BG simply said 'As they say all quiz questions are simple if you know about the subject or the answers.'

I'm just fed up with posters having a go at the old fellow for no reason.

But it's a quiz, that's the idea. Some quizzes you can get a high score easily, this one wasn't like that, hence it was tough, and people didn't know the answers.

We all take the odd pop on the chin on here, part of the game innit?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
But it's a quiz, that's the idea. Some quizzes you can get a high score easily, this one wasn't like that, hence it was tough, and people didn't know the answers.

We all take the odd pop on the chin on here, part of the game innit?

Of course it is, I take loads, especially on a Friday drinking thread!

I just feel that loads have a go at old BG for the sake of it, to join in the bullying, come on, he's one of us, he's Albion.......or maybe I didn't understand the question.......

theboybilly

Of course it is, I take loads, especially on a Friday drinking thread!

I just feel that loads have a go at old BG for the sake of it, to join in the bullying, come on, he's one of us, he's Albion.......or maybe I didn't understand the question.......

I take what you mean on board Mr P but I have been known to agree with BG (not often but I have)
He's a big boy, he can handle it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here