Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer thread - other clubs

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Despite what the media will have you believe, I do think both Wolves and Fulham will be down there. When you look at their starting sides, they really are not THAT good in the premier league. No better than the likes of us, Watford, Huddersfield and the other sides expected to struggle. Serri is the only signing that either side have made that has made me think wow, he is the real deal and will move on to a bigger club next year. Apart from that, they're quite 'meh'.
As the only other option to 'down there' is top 6, I'm expecting 14 clubs to be down there.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Do Fulham own their ground?

Cos that must be one of the most valuable pieced of real estate owned by any club anywhere in the world....

If so, it underpins their outlay a bit

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
James Collins in talks with Aston Villa on a free transfer for £50k per week, also looking at re-signing Bobby Snodgrass for £50k per week on loan and Tammy Abraham for £5m loan fee.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You are of course right, any of that 14 could go down. But the media seem to have this idea that West Ham, Everton, Wolves and Fulham will comfortably sit between 7th and 10th and that the other 10 will be battling relegation.

Very true.

The media and pundits very much love Everton, Fulham, West Ham and Wolves this summer. Licking their lips over their marque signings, 'names', reacting to their huge spending.

I'd love it if their lazy correlation of a summer's transfer fee spending and ensuing final league position, proved baloney.

Absolutely no interest in Brighton, Cardiff, Huddersfield and Stains.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Very true.

The media and pundits very much love Everton, Fulham, West Ham and Wolves this summer. Licking their lips over their marque signings, 'names', reacting to their huge spending.

I'd love it if their lazy correlation of a summer's transfer fee spending and ensuing final league position, proved baloney.

Absolutely no interest in Brighton, Cardiff, Huddersfield and Stains.

We are not fashionable clubs

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
A little surprised at this, thought more clubs would be in on him. Very good player

Burnley were in for Mawson and Dyche thought he had a "gentleman's agreement" with the player and his agent until Fulham hijacked the deal. Better wages at Fulham plus Mawson comes from the west London area (Hillingdon I think).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here