Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Around 2/1 tonight, Blue (odds shortening) on every firm on oddschecker...

Had a cheeky ching @ 3.05 on Betfair...

Bit of interest and all that

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Anyone else popping over to Belgium to see them play this season ? Me and the old man are going to Sunday’s game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
We are taking the Eurostar - Ground is 15 mins from Brussels Midi Station

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Tony obviously wants both Brighton and USG to do as well as possible, but should both teams, in the future, arrive in the UEFA Europa league, then he would be forced to sell one club as UEFA rules forbid an owner to have influence on two clubs in its competitions.

Tottenhams owners Enic tried and failed to get this rule overturned in 2000, by taking the issue to the European Commission. But after a 2 year investigation the commission found in UEFAs favour.

All pie in the sky at the moment, both worth noting considering Tony's ambitions.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I have stopped over a couple of times returning from Germany.
You will have a great time. Hope to get back in October

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Anyone else popping over to Belgium to see them play this season ? Me and the old man are going to Sunday’s game

Are you doing it as a day trip or staying over?
I'd be interested to get any tips after your visit.

I'm thinking about going when it's the international break.
USG v Mechelen on Sunday 9th Sept (KO 1.30pm)

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Are you doing it as a day trip or staying over?
I'd be interested to get any tips after your visit.

I'm thinking about going when it's the international break.
USG v Mechelen on Sunday 9th Sept (KO 1.30pm)

We are doing it in a day - 9.00am train out, and 8.30pm train back - will let you know how it goes

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now that Tony Bloom has invested in Union Saint-Gilloise I'm guessing a few of us may begin following them and even perhaps visiting Belgium to watch a game or two.
The more I read about them, the more interested I have become about their history and set-up.
The ground looks like a wonderful cross between the Goldstone and Withdean, and appears to be in the process of being upgraded a bit.
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8527612 said:
Looks like a kind of bizarre hybrid of Goldstone and Withdean
Who knew :shrug:

:wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tony obviously wants both Brighton and USG to do as well as possible, but should both teams, in the future, arrive in the UEFA Europa league, then he would be forced to sell one club as UEFA rules forbid an owner to have influence on two clubs in its competitions.
Which could mean that if USG have a chance to qualify for the Europa League, in a season when Brighton have qualified, he could want his side to lose.

theboybilly

Have you found a reasonable way of getting there cost wise? Eurostar was really expensive and Easy Jet nothing from Gatwick

On Sunday 9th September (v Mechelen) a Eurotunnel departure before 9am should cost no more than £31 as will a return journey at around 8pm. This will make it a long day with about 5 hours driving across France/Belgium. Happily the roads should be quieter on a Sunday but remember many filling stations and shops will be closed so have plenty of petrol before leaving the UK. That said, hypermarkets like SuperU should have fuel. I'm thinking of doing this trip on my motorcycle with an overnight stop. Just need to find the funds now.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Belgium has more much lax work permit rules.

We could in theory ship a load of African/South American wonder kids through USG if they can’t get work permits.

Any from South Africa?

Maybe if a UK club failed to get a work permit ?

Where is Percy?

Nudge nudge wink wink, say no more.

31af8ef678d1a267c5a507c4b66dc983.png

#definitelynotiestoBrighton

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shock horror!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here