Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Recruitment Team Take A Bow

el punal

Have we got the best recruitment team? I think so.

Amazing work again, if any of the recruitment team read NSC please give yourself a big pat on the back. WELL DONE

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

On the face of it, absolutely. The next thing is for all the newbies to settle in and play their hearts out.

I must say, living in Southampton, how their transfer window has been the complete opposite of the Albion’s (hopefully successful!) foray into signing targeted players. As it appears, Saints seem to be losing their decent players, can’t off load their expensive flops and are not having much luck in attracting the players they want. Oh dear.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
On the face of it, absolutely. The next thing is for all the newbies to settle in and play their hearts out.

I must say, living in Southampton, how their transfer window has been the complete opposite of the Albion’s (hopefully successful!) foray into signing targeted players. As it appears, Saints seem to be losing their decent players, can’t off load their expensive flops and are not having much luck in attracting the players they want. Oh dear.
Not according to Sparky

https://www.clubcall.com/premier-le.../07/18/saints-recruitment-has-hughes-buzzing/

el punal

Hmm. Well he would say that! The thing is that a number of their players (surplus to requirements/or plain shit) need to be moved on. The problem is no-one is buying so those players are now having to go out on loan. A read of the comments section of the local rag, the Daily Echo, from Saints fans describe the disharmony that’s apparent - as I said before, a complete opposite view to the positive feeling that the vast majority of Albion fans are exuding at the moment.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hmm. Well he would say that! The thing is that a number of their players (surplus to requirements/or plain shit) need to be moved on. The problem is no-one is buying so those players are now having to go out on loan. A read of the comments section of the local rag, the Daily Echo, from Saints fans describe the disharmony that’s apparent - as I said before, a complete opposite view to the positive feeling that the vast majority of Albion fans are exuding at the moment.

You are probably a lot more clued up on Saints than me. I just remember stumbling across that article looking other clubs transfer business

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Aye carumba.

BCEB19EB-B20D-492E-A5CE-6ACE64237AB6.jpeg

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I love our scatter approach to signings. Identifying 2/3 players in the same position with key attributes and signing the one who will fit into out team and be the best value for money.

We have a superb set up and long may it continue

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
The whole recruitment side of the club is fantastic. Lets face it, its now 4 years and 3 days since we sold Leo Ulloa to Leicester, which is the last time we sold someone we didn't want to to a club higher up the leagues. Ever since then we've been getting better and better and better. It can't last forever but its one hell of a ride

I think we still wanted Ulloa but he wanted and deserved a crack at the big time, helping us to" nearly" get there the previous 2 seasons. Bloom respected that and let him go. The money came in useful as well. That's my take on it anyway.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I think that there has also been a slightly different recruitment philosophy in this window as well. A number of our targets are slightly younger than the players we've gone for in the past and they are being given much longer term contracts (5 years in a number of cases). This suggests that Winstanley and his team have identified players who can hold their own in the Premier League now, but who we believe will also improve over time.

This seems to chime with the next phase of the long-term project that CH has spoken about in the past. There are a lot of new players in the squad and CH has never had better options at his disposal (both in terms of players and formations), but I think we may take a little time to gel. As long as we don't expect too much too soon, I think we could be in for a very good season. I, for one, am very excited.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Well I personally think they are taking the p*ss getting this down early, We have not been able to have our yearly argument between the lickers and bedwetters, also what are we going to do on the day the window closes if we have signed all our transfer targets? I mean FFS I might actually have to do some work ..... Barber Out :whistle::whistle:

It does rather blow apart barber's oft quoted assertions that getting transfers done early is extremely difficult. That said, there is no doubt that we really are getting better at all this and are probably Top 10 now in terms of professionalism and preparedness...

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I think the team has done incredibly well getting our signings done so early.
The team should now enter the second phase of what is left of the transfer window. I think they should enter into chasing players targeted by teams like Palace, Burnley and Saints, making the prices inflated and then pulling out the final day of the window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here