Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Iranian Fans

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Hi all!

So excited for all the news. Thanks for the warm welcome. I took a tour of your forum and came across a subgroup called "The Other Stuff". Oh dear.. well at least you aren't boring!

There is a similar thread going on at persianfootball.com, feel free to say hi! http://www.persianfootball.com/foru...ahanbakhsh-Brighton-amp-Hove-Albion-2018-2019

We are so excited for this move and to see our golden boy play in the PL. He is one of our most talented and professional players in the whole generation of football. Don't let his world cup performances concern you.. our coach Carlos Queiroz has a very particular defensive style that, while it gets results, doesn't let someone like ARJB shine. I personally think he will really shine at BHAFC. I know the Eredivisie is not the best European league, but to have that many goals and assists as a winger in a moderately strong league like that counts for something! He is very tactically creative and one of those players that really helps his teammates shine as well.

Hopefully the start of a long and fulfilling friendship.

waiting for my membership to be approved ! welcome here!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The better half of my brain is imploring me not to respond to this but it’s losing!

Are us brits all defined by the ruling Tory party? Are we all left wing unionistas? Are we all Brexiteers? Are we all remainers? Are we all southern, northern, white, black or any other ethnicity?

Of course not.

Everywhere I have been fortunate enough to travel in this world, the normal people have been like normal people everywhere, pleasant, welcoming and just wanting to carve out the best life for themselves and their families, no matter what system is imposed upon them.

I don’t care what the current politics or religious positions are within the Iranian state.

People are people and right now our beloved BHAFC have the good will of millions of doubtlessly good people of Iranian origin so please...pretty please, can we just be nice and welcoming....

What could be more British (supposedly)

Good luck with your philosophical discussion with the face-puncher. He's probably comatose on the mandrax already, so don't expect a reply, let alone a witty one. ???

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Somebody who doesn’t like liberalism, you’d live like a king in Iran.

Errm. We were talking about football and welcoming new fans.

If you want give tourist information go to TripAdvisor.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's on my ignore list. A thundercunt of the highest order.

Top tip for new NSC members - you can click on a poster and add them to 'ignore'. I have only about a dozen on ignore, but it makes the board so much nicer. We have a small number of gobby idiots on NSC, mostly with a small willy complex, afraid of foreigners and change. Some of the good folk engage with them but in my view this is just 'feeding the trolls'. The fact they are allowed to post on here is reflection of the 'liberal' way NSC is run which, paradoxically, enfuriates the idiots. We call them 'nobbers' and 'cockwombles' and 'thunder*****'. As an ex-pat you'll be very familiar with all this, though. You'll soon get into the swing of it :lolol:

I think you said once that you don't look at other clubs fans forums?

I do, and the contast with NSC is like night and day, in a positive way for NSC / Albion fans / Brighton / Sussex. Many other forums seem to have a far greater proportion of homophobes, foreigner haters, posters hoping rival fans get seriously hurt and sick types blaming the victims of sexual abuse as honey traps (Adam Johnson for example). Politically, Trump is lauded.

Examples - Everton, predictably Boro, Stoke, Norwich, Leicester, Burnley.

Another reason to love this part of the world.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Welcome.

Put your order in now if you want a Brighton football shirt, they sold out last season.
80 million fans, Wow!! we can be a bigger club than Leeds. :)

You know that even if we signed up the whole Chinese team we would never be as big as LEEDS.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
As the saying goes” never over estimate someone’s intelligence, nor under under estimate their stupidity”.
Congratulations on tarring everyone of Iranian descent/nationality with the same brush.

I’ve worked for Iranians, played football with Iranians and eaten in restaurants owned and run by Iranians (most of the ones on Church Road, in fact). Some of the nicest, friendliest and most reliable people you’ll find anywhere. Welcome to all of them, especially Alireza.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I’ve worked for Iranians, played football with Iranians and eaten in restaurants owned and run by Iranians (most of the ones on Church Road, in fact). Some of the nicest, friendliest and most reliable people you’ll find anywhere. Welcome to all of them, especially Alireza.

Not to forget the Iranian boys who run my favourite take away. Smoque Grill.

persiangodfather

Jul 24, 2018
Whats the difference Between Brighton and Hove?

And If I visit to watch a game this season would you recommend I stay in London and take the Metro into Brighton?

Arshia42

Jul 24, 2018
Thanks for the welcome!

I've been following Ali with my dad since his days at NEC after we learned of his move to Netherlands from Iran. I still remember the first time I took notice of him, my dad showed me his highlight reel of one of his games for NEC and said this boy could be special, and from then on I kept tabs on him. Since the beginning I was hoping for him to succeed, because instead of taking the money route like most Iranians (playing in Qatar, UAE etc..) he decided to believe in himself and start from the bottom in europe. It's risky because he could have been better off just staying in Asia, but he worked extremely hard and I find that inspiring.

On top of that, his attitude is top class- a lot of Iranians players have an arrogant/ghetto attitude because they are pretty spoiled, but Ali is very different. Humble and modest in every bone.

So at the very least, even if he doesn't live up to his potential- you can be sure that he will always play his best, he will always respect the fans, manager and his teammates. Hopefully that's worth something. The prem is the league I grew up with, and I've been waiting all my life to see an Iranian with star potential to play in it, so im extremely excited. I came to your forums and read your twitter expecting comments along the lines of "who is this?" about ali and little interest, and to my shock you guys look even more excited than me haha.

Anyways, enough of that cheesyness. Looking forward to joining you guys for the ride this season- and over the next few weeks I will be reading up about your club and city hoping to learn more.

Oh and I hope your social media pages are prepared for the online persian army, brace yourselves- I'm serious.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Another new fking exciting signing and 80 million fans richer ... What a time to be alive! :albion2:

Might pop along to Nayebs for a bloody delicious kebab to celebrate

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Good luck with your philosophical discussion with the face-puncher. He's probably comatose on the mandrax already, so don't expect a reply, let alone a witty one. ???

To be honest, I hope I don’t get a response. I don’t want to get into an argument on a lovely summers day when we have just made our record signing.

I tell you what though, could someone with a humorous grasp of the internet post a nice welcoming picture so that I don’t have to look at the screen grab of his nonsense every time I refresh Tapatalk!!

Oh and, in my moment of frustration I forgot...

Welcome Alireza. Welcome to any Iranian fans who now have an interest in BHAFC.

Up the Albion

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Okay another totally random question. Do you have any fans in Sweden one could watch the game with, like a Swedish fan-base(I cant look it up on Facebook seeing how I no longer have it)? I live in Sweden and I know Liverpool got a fan-base here so any chance that Brighton & Hove Albion does?

Where in sweden?

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

And If I visit to watch a game this season would you recommend I stay in London and take the Metro into Brighton?

The difference between Brighton & Hove is the subject of much debate !

Best talk to locals. Some have a lot to say !

You could stay in London. A great venue if you haven't been. But maybe stay here. Lots to do. A large Iranian community built up from the late 70s.

Trains are frequent from London.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you said once that you don't look at other clubs fans forums?

I do, and the contast with NSC is like night and day, in a positive way for NSC / Albion fans / Brighton / Sussex. Many other forums seem to have a far greater proportion of homophobes, foreigner haters, posters hoping rival fans get seriously hurt and sick types blaming the victims of sexual abuse as honey traps (Adam Johnson for example). Politically, Trump is lauded.

Examples - Everton, predictably Boro, Stoke, Norwich, Leicester, Burnley.

Another reason to love this part of the world.

You're right, I don't read other forums.

I do appreciate how good it is here (BHA/NSC) though. Northerners think us southerners are cold. No. Just careful :wink:

I have been fortunate enough to mix it with real high end achievers. They would regard the stupid narrowmindedness of the nobber element on football forum as....well, as irrelevant of the flies around my bin outside.....

Yep. Blocking them is deffo best. You can't teach a cat to play the violin.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be honest, I hope I don’t get a response. I don’t want to get into an argument on a lovely summers day when we have just made our record signing.

I tell you what though, could someone with a humorous grasp of the internet post a nice welcoming picture so that I don’t have to look at the screen grab of his nonsense every time I refresh Tapatalk!!

Oh and, in my moment of frustration I forgot...

Welcome Alireza. Welcome to any Iranian fans who now have an interest in BHAFC.

Up the Albion

Here are two pix I like alinew.jpgIran.jpg

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Brighton and Hove are two connected towns that together are a city. Stay in Brighton if you visit. You can go to London for a day trip.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here