Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Diego Reyes

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Ah so the gazumpees (potentially) May become the gazumpers to someone else.

Shoe on the other foot cue 3,000 pages of why it’s fine for us to wade in mid negotiations with another player etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thought the whole point of paying silly money for Moore was that we needed a HGP defender? Can't see there being much to this, expect to see him holding a short aloft by 5pm....
Not if we replace Suttner with an HGP.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Thought the whole point of paying silly money for Moore was that we needed a HGP defender? Can't see there being much to this, expect to see him holding a short aloft by 5pm....

Yes, we need a HGP, either CM (Moore,JOC, other) or winger (other)...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Thinking back to my Out Of Contract player on a free as 4th choice Reyes would qualify but I do not hold any hopes on what that site says.

Says the man who keeps the ****ing awful Football Rumors site afloat! :)

And, no, D Reyes is nowhere near the suggestion (J Collins) you were making... Mr Reyes would mean a big signing on fee, so 'free' in the latter's case deserves the quote marks...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Says the man who keeps the ****ing awful Football Rumors site afloat! :)

And, no, D Reyes is nowhere near the suggestion (J Collins) you were making... Mr Reyes would mean a big signing on fee, so 'free' in the latter's case deserves the quote marks...

That site is a joke that I like to read to see some of the stupid suggestions that only the geniuses of NSC could surpass

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not if we replace Suttner with an HGP.

I'm not sure about letting Suttner go. While Bernardo is likely to be our number one left back, he also offers a lot of versatility. If we sell Suttner and he is one of only two full backs, we would lose a lot of that benefit.

If this is true, and it probably isn't, it may be we're going to keep Baldock as the eighth HGP. For what it's worth, Andy Naylor tweeted this morning that he still think the centre back will be an HGP and probably Moore or O'Connell

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure about letting Suttner go. While Bernardo is likely to be our number one left back, he also offers a lot of versatility. If we sell Suttner and he is one of only two full backs, we would lose a lot of that benefit.

If this is true, and it probably isn't, it may be we're going to keep Baldock as the eighth HGP. For what it's worth, Andy Naylor tweeted this morning that he still think the centre back will be an HGP and probably Moore or O'Connell

Fingers crossed Naylor is correct re Moore or JOC...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Balogun also plays left back if required.

I am not saying Suttner will definitely go. Naylor has hinted twice that he might. It just seems that a HGP centre back is not a 100% requirement - if, for example, Norwood is switched into the squad for Suttner - and Baldock could still depart.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If he's available on a free a club like West ham will pl ikely offer double our wage cap so can't see this going anywhere

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Balogun also plays left back if required.

I am not saying Suttner will definitely go. Naylor has hinted twice that he might. It just seems that a HGP centre back is not a 100% requirement - if, for example, Norwood is switched into the squad for Suttner - and Baldock could still depart.

Yes, I saw the hint. I am sure he will be concerned about being third choice. You are right re Balogun but, until we sign a centre back, he is one of only three there and he is more of a right back than a left back.

It will definitely be a busy couple of weeks until the deadline as we make a couple of signings and let a few players go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here