Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
COME ON YOU ENGLAND!!! :clap2::rave::drink:

We still believe.*

*even if we don't.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Even though we said no pressure on the team I think the press has started to up the pressure good luck England as long as they play well I'll be happy.
If we win the first game then even more pressure will be put on the team.
However I am looking forward tonight's game.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can't stay up that late, kicks of at 2 am here and I got to be up at 5.45 am for work.
Hope it goes ok and will no doubt hear it on the news on way to job.

el punal

COME ON YOU ENGLAND!!! :clap2::rave::drink:

We still believe.*

*even if we don't.

Nice sentiments, but unfortunately your last sentence probably sums it up. I have never known a more muted World Cup with England participating. Having said that, and with expectations so low, perhaps our boys could surprise everyone and have a good tournament.

A pointer from the past - the last time England started a World Cup campaign on a Monday (I may be wrong on that!) was when we drew 1-1 with the Republic of Ireland in 1990. We did quite well after that!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Come on England indeed, haven't been watching much international football for quite some time now so don't have a clue what the team's like.
Hoping they can play without THE fear.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Nice sentiments, but unfortunately your last sentence probably sums it up. I have never known a more muted World Cup with England participating. Having said that, and with expectations so low, perhaps our boys could surprise everyone and have a good tournament.

A pointer from the past - the last time England started a World Cup campaign on a Monday (I may be wrong on that!) was when we drew 1-1 with the Republic of Ireland in 1990. We did quite well after that!

Most normal football fans like us have been craving an England world cup based on reality for years.....ie stop the hype and enormous expectations.
Fingers crossed under the radar no expectations will see something special happen..........everyone be quiet..............sssshhhh

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I don't think the Russians would mind the song about the RAF but you could change the words ito the Ruskis shot down a German bomber that might go down well.:facepalm:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Come on England, going by the results so far, the Cup is there for the taking.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Football’s coming home!

3-0 England

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

We started France 98 against Tunisia on a Monday. This was the last time we won an opening game of a world cup.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
What was stupid in the past was the "we'll win it" nonsense created by the media, HOWEVER there bloody well SHOULD be some expectation on the team. It is our national sport for christs sake and no other country on the planet spends as much money on the game than this one!!!
So the 22 multi-millionaires should feel a little bit of pressure IMO, as it IS important.

The expectation dumb down exercise started by that fraud Hodgson is complete it seems.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here