Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Walking Dead

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I think you're missing the point in that I was refuting the "spoiler" posted by someone else as FACT ("It's Glenn")

There are hundreds of differences. Judith died with Lori. Carole died way before and wasn't nearly as major a character. Daryll wasn't even a character. Michonne v The Governor was way more grim and brutal. Andrea was instrumental in most of the group's life and death situations (in her skill as a sniper and her relationship with Rick) way after she was killed off on tv etc etc and I've only watched the first four series.

It's totally different which is why I've been enjoying watching it. Same world, different story. No spoilers.

Mmm I see what you're saying but what Soprano said was just a name thrown out there with no evidence. You backed it up with canon. The underlying point, however, is that I'm a nerd, you're a nerd. We're all losers.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Found these in a charity shop yesterday. Don't watch the programme myself but the missus loves it DSC_0366.JPG

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My thoughts were that this season had some great episodes, but didn't seem to hang together that well as an entire narrative over the season.

The series of plot devices to get us to the desperate leaving of Alexandria on different occasions, whether through a search for food, health, or mental collapse, just seemed a bit jarring. I didn't get the feeling they were desperate for food for example, desperate enough for what lead them to cold blooded genocide of another group at least. That was an interesting exploration of the loss of humanity of each character, but I couldn't grasp how they just abandoned self sufficiency seemingly so easily.

I appreciate Rick started to feel invincible, but the risks they took, leaving Alexandria so undermanned just seemed a bit bizarre. You watch of course suspending a huge amount of believe, but you've sort of got to believe the decision making as that is what you can relate to. I think they lost control of the characters a bit, story arcs just seemed to abruptly finish.

Enjoyed the season, but didn't hold together like some of the previous ones.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I've just watched the final one of the season. It was lame, a major disappointment. No way did it justify the additional length. Seems to me that the extra time was just Rick and the team driving around from one roadblock to another whilst pretty much nothing happens other than the viewing public thinking 'why the bleep are they doing this?' I actually preferred the Carol/Morgan scenes as at least there was some underlying point to that. Also good to see them meet some good guys at the end of it (i think) as i've actually got a little tired of bad-asses and would be quite interested to so some civilization rebuilding going on. A world of zombies can provide enough threat on its own for a while me thinks.
And the cliffhanger??? why the hell bother with that? clearly a poorly conceived idea to try and get people to come back next time around, or even attract new people in a 'who shot JR' style. The show has never shied from killing off major characters at any time, be that mid way through or at the end of a season. To do it now smacks of a little desperation. It was a shame, as it was totally unnecessary.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Still I think it gives a lot a way and isn't entirely fair to non-comic readers. Obviously all I can do is ask but I think it's fair to flag up potential spoilers before revealing them.

He didn't raise a spoiler. Spolier alert

No one knows who it is.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Given how many whacks were dished out and that the person was still on their knees after the first hit, I reckon Abraham too.

Didn't Neagan Say after the first hit "Oh took it like a champ" I reckon Abraham too, the way when Neagan stood over him and he sat up and stared him down.....

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Its a great program, what I like about it is the way is shows the breakdown of human relations. I for one felt really sorry for Ricks group when cornered by Neagan, but if you think what they did, by going into one of Neagans places and pushing knives into the eyes of sleeping people... you start to realize they are in a pretty bad way psychologically. Cant blame Neagan for being a little annoyed with them.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its a great program, what I like about it is the way is shows the breakdown of human relations. I for one felt really sorry for Ricks group when cornered by Neagan, but if you think what they did, by going into one of Neagans places and pushing knives into the eyes of sleeping people... you start to realize they are in a pretty bad way psychologically. Cant blame Neagan for being a little annoyed with them.
Yeah I'm rooting for the new gang! I think it's Abraham too, get shot of their hardest *******!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Blimey. How much?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I think they are about £30 a pop on Amazon. I've got all the comics downloaded to read on my iPad via a comic book reader. I would like the compendiums but can afford £60 for them so unless I see an eBay or charity shop bargain they will have to wait.

£20 the pair. Not sure if I've payed too much but the wife was happy with them

That is a real bargain.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I think they are about £30 a pop on Amazon. I've got all the comics downloaded to read on my iPad via a comic book reader. I would like the compendiums but can afford £60 for them so unless I see an eBay or charity shop bargain they will have to wait.

That is a real bargain.

How mamy. Compendiums are there?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
How mamy. Compendiums are there?

There are 3 so it would be nearer to £90 for them. Amazon might have them on offer for slightly cheaper at the moment. Between the 3 they cover up to comic 144. I've got up to 147 downloaded there are also some special editions, one of which showed the original concept which had the story set in the 1960s. I'm not sure if they are included in the compendiums.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's not very nice is he! Stnning Season. My money's on Eugene getting battered at the end.
My first thought was Abraham.
My thoughts also. He had a moment with Sasha and a moment with Eugene. Two too many if you want to survive the writers meeting!
Presumably they hadn't yet decided when they filmed it, they want to see what the audience's reaction is and decide later. Which is really lame.

I liked the series, but didn't think much of the last episode. Everyone in the group, including the experienced tracker Daryl, was out-maneuvered by the other group. They'd suddenly find themselves surrounded despite having seen no one. Then at the end, no matter where they drove, the other group were there waiting, and when they decided to go on foot, they just happened to do it right by where the entire other gang were sitting waiting - and again, they don't hear the other group taking or anything, they just find themselves surrounded. I can suspend my disbelief for the walkers having limitless energy, but this was all a bit much.

Once they were caught though, it was good.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Presumably they hadn't yet decided when they filmed it, they want to see what the audience's reaction is and decide later. Which is really lame.

I liked the series, but didn't think much of the last episode. Everyone in the group, including the experienced tracker Daryl, was out-maneuvered by the other group. They'd suddenly find themselves surrounded despite having seen no one. Then at the end, no matter where they drove, the other group were there waiting, and when they decided to go on foot, they just happened to do it right by where the entire other gang were sitting waiting - and again, they don't hear the other group taking or anything, they just find themselves surrounded. I can suspend my disbelief for the walkers having limitless energy, but this was all a bit much.

Once they were caught though, it was good.

Yeah you get the feeling, quite often, that it's all a bit...well it's not HBO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here